23. Love Bites

Chapter 23 - Love Bites

    Waking up to Alex, it's usually the heating warmth from being tangled up with each other that awakes me, but when my eyes begun to flutter open, a sweet strum of an instrument played through my ears beautifully.

    The sun was shining blindly into my eyes. I adjusted my pupils, able to finally see Alex.

    He sat criss-crossed, with his acoustic guitar caressed by his arms. His skin glowed from the vibrant rays, and his messy hair shinned a gold tint.

    The instrument was being strummed by his long fingers. I blushed naturally from what happened last night.

   Despite the thoughts of last night, I laid back on the pillow, taking in the blissful morning and the peaceful sound waves flowing into my ears.

      His singing was raw and raspy with his usual morning voice tying in. The way his eyes were screwed shut and the passion filling the air made him look like he was in a complete different world - he probably thought he was.

     After finishing the song, I slowly clapped my hands. It startled him at first, but his shoulders relaxed and he turned his head toward my direction.

   "Didn't mean to wake you up." He said with a breathily laugh, smiling down at his hands.

    "That was beautiful," I said, placing my hand on his shoulder, wanting to pull him in for a some type morning kiss.

    He took notice, and gave my nose a small kiss. His guitar was shortly placed at the end of his bed, allowing me to cuddle tightly around him.

    For the remainder of the time, we sat in a silence where we both knew that something has changed. It was the quietness that filled the little space between us that had me thinking.

    I loved Alex, and last night, only made my affection for him to burst even more. The way he let me talk to him, and let me tell him my deepest darkest secret and let me cry on him without saying anymore.

      And the way he made me felt last night just by the touch his fingers. It was like my skin was on fire and the insides of me couldn't get enough. Then with waking up next to each other, breathing in both our scents, the sheets tangled within our bodies, and the heat of our bodies keeping both of us warm in the winter we were in.

Alex knew, he probably felt it, and understood.

That's why we both sat here in each other's arms, knowing something had changed.

   I wanted to tell him I love him last night, but my courage vanished, and I was left to my other thoughts and my additional worries. But somehow and in some way, I think he secretly knew.

   His chin had laid on top of my head, and his hand ruffled my hair soothingly. The gentle breeze from the fan above us was slowly making me doze off.

    But that seemed far away, out of my reach. I couldn't help but think of what will happen when I arrive home today. What will my dad and brother say?

    I'll probably be grounded for the rest of my life and will be lucky to even see daylight when I'm not in school.

   Along with that, the recent discovery of finally not denying something I tried to avoid these past months.

The conclusion of the fact I indeed have Impulsive Control Disorder.

    All of my actions I've done in the past lead to my assumption of Alex being right. But still, it was strange that neither Dad nor Derek bothered to tell me that this was what the medication was for. And after God knows how many years of taking the medicine, it only took the boy of my dreams to tell me.