21. Local News

Chapter 21 – Local News               

   The awful crank in my neck and the beating of the sun in my eyes had woken me up. I fluttered my eyes open to only find myself on the couch. The couch alone was uncomfortable but my position had made everything worse. But the one pleasant thing was Alex, who was laying down right next to my legs that were stretched down the length of the couch.

   His mouth was once again slightly opened, and his eyes were peacefully closed. The soft snoring coming out of his plump pink lips was unbearably cute, and it left me to take in this moment.

   Despite being unpleasantly hot due to the heavy blanket wrapped around me along with Alex being amazingly close and having one of his arms wrapped around my legs together, I enjoyed this. I giggled a tad from the sight of it. He looked so innocent and peaceful in the state of sleeping. His cheeks were heated with the shade of red and his tousled brown hair was thrown everywhere on his face, some pieces sticking upward, downward, or just simply forward.

   The day had to be still early. Just by how the bright orange sun rays sneaking through the blinds of the dusty window was making me guess it had to be around seven a.m. This wasn’t my usual time I wake up on the weekends, but it was probably best if I got back home, and face the mess after Derek’s party.

    Although I didn’t want to leave at all, and just wanted to be with Alex, I knew Derek would surely flip at any time I come home. But it wasn’t like he could say anything; he threw a party did he not?

   Sighing heavily, my hands crept up to Alex’s messy hair, and gently messed with it, twirling it between my fingers. Alex seemed unfazed from my action upon his hair, still sleeping as ever. I laid myself further down, staring at celling fan go round and around. The squeaking from it, of course, was still there.

   I’m startled when Alex stirred a little, causing me to stop the twirling action on his hair. There was a slim groan released from him. His body shifted even more as I stared at the boy who was untangling himself.

   Finally, his eyes quiver a little, and then opened to find me staring right back at him. His lips shifted into a delightful smile. "Good morning, Tinkerbell."

   "Tinkerbell?" I raised my eyebrow, confused why he bothered with the nickname that he usually called me when my face was flushed just like Tinkerbell whenever her face was within the shade of red.

   "Hmmm." He hummed sweetly, scooting closer to me.

   His lips somehow found their way onto mine, warnings went through my head when the thought of having morning breath. But I simply pushed the dreadful thought away as he deepened the kiss. My hips gained pressure from his sneaky hands, gripping them lightly. I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck, taking in his hair between my fingers.

    When he pulled away, the sense of wanting more came in. “Sleep well?” He chuckled a little, clearly already knowing how awful I slept.

   “Good although the knot in my neck says otherwise.” I cheekily said, then deeply exhaling as I rubbed the back of my neck.

   After a few minutes of nothing but a blissful silence between us, Alex had spoken once again.

  “I would ask if you want to go out for breakfast but we do that every Sunday.” His thick raspy morning voice kicked in and merely made me melt. “Stay with me for the day?” He pouted his lips playfully.

   “I don’t know,” I hesitated, Derek was surely wondering where I was at. Although he probably has a hangover, he’s most likely up and getting the house cleaned. All I wanted was to stay with Alex for the day, and I truly wished I could.