18. Halloween

Chapter 18 - Halloween

It was finally one of my favorite holidays, and it was exactly today. The whole street that I happen to live on was decorated in orange, black, and all dark colors. There were fake ghost dangling on some neighbors' porches, and fake spider webs on others.

The weather was chilling, and set the mood perfectly. I've been wearing sweaters and beanies nonstop this month. The colorful leaves that were once on the trees have died, and now dance in the wind on the ground.

Funny how October is so incredibly beautiful; yet could be easily labeled as the month of dying.

It's been a full two weeks since the day Alex and I had made it official with each other of being boyfriend and girlfriend. My mind didn't allow myself to stop thinking about it. It was so simple and easy when we sat in that parking lot right next to McDonalds. Alex had become my first boyfriend just like that, within a finger snap.

Another thing, isn't it a funny thing how when reality starts to become better that you don't dream before you go to bed? You know, right before you go to bed you start to imagine things that are highly unlikely to come true? But that has stopped for me, ever since reality has been getting better for me. There's no doubt in my mind that it is Alex's doing.

Alex filled my mind in every way possible. He captivated my body and soul, and in such little time. There was no way to stop it at this point. I was driving full force into something blinded and not to mention something utterly new to me. But I knew if Alex was going to be a part of the ride then I didn't have anything to worry about.

But that all terrified me with all the bones inside me. It kept me thinking in class, and the days where we both would hang out at his apartment doing absolutely nothing but stare at the ceiling - when my dad thought I was at the library. Or perhaps the Sundays that we went to breakfast for, and just eat and not even bother to talk. Every moment he was on the train of my thoughts. And when he was around me, my eyes were glued to him and my heart kept thumbing as if it wanted me to lean closer, or even close as possible. I thought about him by the time I fell asleep and he's still lingering around in my head when I wake up.

If there was one thing that I learned with the time that I had already spent with him, these past months, it was that love didn't have a time to sink in, it's how that time is spent and how long the feeling could last. Love doesn't have a time track, or isn't measured with time. You can be in a relationship for years and years and feel empty within, but yet you can be in love with someone in such a short amount of time and have over millions of feelings.

Did I love Alex? I didn't know that as of now. And by as of now, I mean me lazily lying on my bed. I got home from school just an hour ago. Alex had something with practicing after school, which makes me wonder what was he practicing for?

Oh how this boy is a complete wonderment to me. Everything he does only make my curiosity grow in a rapid pace.

I lazily rolled off my bed and switched into random red shorts and into the sweater that Alex had let me keep - in which I've been sleeping with ever since, his scent was luckily still within the fabric. I pull my hair into a carefree bun. I didn't have any plans this Halloween. Making me a bit sad, I've loved Halloween since I was a little kid. Who didn't?

But Halloween I specially loved was for the dressing up, and it was the time to watch my favorite classics like The Addam's Family. Not even just the movies as well, the weather is colder. It was sweater weather. It all gave me the perfect reason to stay indoors and dive myself into mountains of blankets.

I make my way downstairs to the kitchen to retrieve cereal, and maybe some candy corn. But I'm stopped right before I walked in with my footsteps.