73- In-Person

A/N: I was going to cut this chapter and make it two Short ones, but then I thought "what The hell" so here is a super long one lol

Harry and Louis hadn't talked or seen each other Face to Face in over a year, the only times they would cross paths or get a glance of each other was when Harry or Louis would drop off the kids...

Today would be the first day they see each other.

Parent. Teacher. Conferences.

James has been acting out, and the teacher wanted to talk to them about it, and what they can do to help.

Harry walked to the front door and looked through the small window, sitting in the chair was the love of his life; the man that made everything have meaning. He marched into the classroom; the teacher was nowhere to be seen... he sat down in the chair and spread out his legs on purpose to touch Louis' knee.

"Oops," he said innocently looking into Louis blue eyes. Louis quickly turned his head.

"Hi," he said quietly under his breath, hoping Harry wouldn't hear him.

A small grin grew on Harry's face, recalling the first words they said to one another. "You're late" Louis hissed,

"The teacher isn't here, so I'm fine" Harry shrugged. "So... how have things-" Harry started.

"Can we not do the small talk" Louis interrupted.

"Just trying to be polite" Harry turned down to his phone and quickly texted the first people he could think of.

Harry: WHAT DO I SAY?! He is sitting right next to me.

Em🦋: EJDHSHAVSJSBJSS OMG

Em🦋: ask him about his song

Matty batty: Tell him u liked it!

Nialler😈: man spread and touch his knee 😈

Harry: I already did that Niall!

Nialler😈: Well, please do give detail

Harry looked up to see Louis was also texting someone.

Harry: I said Oops hehe 🙊

Marry batty: OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Em🦋: DID HE U KNOW

Nialler😈: DID HE SAY HI

Harry: he said it quietly, I'm pretty sure he didn't want me to hear it, but I did :)

Harry: IM GOING TO DO WHAT EM and Mateo told me to do, I'll keep u guys updated!

He tucked his phone back in his pocket and looked at Louis,

Louis phone POV

Louis: I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY

Zaynie🥺: TELL HIM U LIKE HIS

Lima bean❤️: TELL HIM HE LOOK HOT

"I liked your new song." They both said in unison. They both blushed.

"You heard it?" They both said again in Unison. 

"Sorry- uh you go" Harry smiled. 

"I uh... I didn't think you'd listen to it." Louis stuttered. 

"Of course I would listen to it... just because you don't love me anymore doesn't mean I ever stopped loving you..." Louis's cheeks toured bright red, and he turned his head.

Just because I hated you doesn't mean I ever stopped loving you.

Louis thought to himself.

Soon enough, the teacher walked into the room. "So sorry for being late, I had taken a call," He said, sitting down in his chair. "Mr Tomlinson, it's nice to see you again" the teacher smiled, making Harry very jealous for some odd reason.

"You guys have met?" Harry asked, clenching his fist below the table.

"At the last meeting," Louis said still looking at the teacher, "You were Turing with Niall for a couple of weeks and missed it" he turned around to look at his ex "remember" Harry didn't answer, he got quiet and looked back at the teacher.

"Let's get started..." the teacher said awkwardly. "As you both know, James is one of the brightest and funniest boys to have in my class; he always has a smile on his face." The two dads smiled fondly over their son, "but recently, he's been quite the opposite..." the smile intently left the dads faces.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked.

"This past year he's been bothering other students, he never does what he is told, and whenever we ask him what's wrong he tells us to leave him alone" the teacher explained. Harry's and Louis both looked at each other in complete shock.

"Is there anything going on at home... have you two been fighting? Not having a stable home environment could be causing this" he explained.

"We aren't together" Louis explained. "We haven't been for a year."

"Could that be what's affecting him?" Harry asked.

"Most likely... the only person he is very decent with is Hazel" the teacher explained.

"They are best friends" Louis smiled fondly,

"Yes, I've noticed" the teacher smiled back. "I know what goes on in your home is not our business... but maybe if you moved back in together, James might be... happier?"

"I'm okay with anything, as long as Lou is."

"I guess we could give it a try," Louis said.

"Anything for our Jammy," the two father said in unison. They both looked at each other and blushed like teenagers.

When the meeting was over, the two walked out to the parking lot. "I miss you," Louis said before Harry got into his car,

Harry turned around, shocked by the words that had come out of Louis's mouth. "I miss you, and I can't stand to be apart from you anymore" he continued. "So don't move in because It's what the teacher says is best for our kid."

"Move in because what we have is real, and it's rare. Move-in because you love me."

"And because it's what's best for James" The green-eyes man chuckled.

"Well obviously, but are you not seeing the point I am trying to make out right now!" Louis giggled.

"Of course I do, I'm just waiting for you to say it" he smirked.

"Say what?" Louis answers innocently.

"Oh, don't act so innocent!" Harry said, walking over and placing his hands on Louis's waist. "I love you, Louis Tomlinson, with every single bone and scary organ in my body. And I will love you till my heart flatlines and can't be started again."

"Oh stop with the sappy doctor stuff and kiss me!" Harry picked his up and spun him around. "I love you, Harry."

"I love you."

A/N: thoughts?