Fifth year

"I should've known that perfect student Remus Lupin would be prefect."

"James, shut up. Congratulations, Moony." I whacked my brother and hugged Remus.

"Thanks, Vix. Where's Sirius?"

"He should be arriving soon. Whenever he's late it means that something bad happened." James looked at the clock. "We should get on the train. If not, there probably won't be any empty rooms and I'm not in the mood to be hexing people left and right today."

"You guys go ahead. I'll wait for Padfoot." I said and ushered the boys inside. James insisted on staying beside me.

"If Walburga sees it's just you, then she'll know something is up. I'm staying." I nodded and we waited for about 10 minutes.

"Train leaves in 5 minutes. Can I worry now?"

"No. You can worry when three minutes are left. For now just try and calm down. They'll show up, Didi." I sighed and looked around trying to find those grey eyes that I fell in love with a year ago. "I think I see them. Look."

James pointed to the entrance of Kings Cross and there was Sirius and Regulus walking in with their trunks. I gave a sigh of relief and almost ran towards him but James pulled me back.

"Bam Bam-"

"Remember. She'll know something is up. You can snog him on the train." I nodded and watched as Walburga hugged and kissed Regulus goodbye but didn't even glance at Sirius. It was like he didn't exist.

"Hi Jade!"

"Hello, Reg." I smiled at him and he got on the train. Sirius walked up to us with his hair covering his face. "Hi, sweetheart."

"Hi, James. Hi, sunshine. Can we go inside now?" He mumbled.

"Yes. Especially since the train leaves in two minutes. Come on Padfoot." James grabbed Sirius by the arm and dragged him into the train. I turned around and gave Walburga one last glare before I mounted the train.

I walked around for a minute until I almost fell from the train leaving the station. I felt a pair of arms around me and I tensed.

"Calm down Vixen. It's only me." Remus laughed. "They're in the third to last corridor. I suggest you hurry, Sirius looks like he's going to break down any minute."

"Where are you going?" I asked once he was sure that I regained my balance.

"The Head boy and girl are calling all prefects. Lily is already there. I'll tell her you said hello." He turned around but I grabbed his arm.

"How bad is it? And give me your badge for a second." I took out the camera that Lily got me and he laughed.

"A bruised eye, ego and bloody hands. I can't imagine what happened this time." He handed me his badge and I took a picture of it. "Now go to him before Padfoot loses his temper and starts to search for you." I nodded and left for the carriage that Remus pointed to.