Messing around

"And that is why we should all wear skirts."

"Padfoot, why?" James and I facepalmed.

"He's definitely a feminist." Lily rolled her eyes. "Sirius we love you, but get off the table."

"I will not get off this table until there is justice!" He yelled. I stood up and pushed him off the table smirking.

"There, justice is served. You're welcome." I laughed and sat back down next to James.

"Thank you, Jade!" They all said in unison.

"I will not be silenced!" Sirius yelled again. "Vixen, give me one of your skirts."

"Hell no! Last time that happened you ripped it." I sassed. "The only way you're wearing my skirts again is over my cold and dead body and I don't see that happening anytime soon."

"Honestly Jade, how do you deal with him?" Marlene asked.

"After a few years, you learn to tune him out sometimes." I shrugged.

"Nobody supports me." Sirius said sadly.

"Padfoot, we do support you and it's noble what you want to do. But for the love of Godric, we're not wearing skirts." Remus rolled his eyes. Sirius flipped him off and sat down next to me.

"You still support me, right sunshine?" Sirius asked.

"Of course I do, my love. But I doubt that the boys will wear skirts in protest. I'm all for wearing pants and everything because I hate wearing this skirt, but I don't think that the boys share my point of view in this." I chuckled and kissed his cheek. "There are other ways, you know? That don't involve skirts."

"Like?"

"Try setting an example or something like that. But for the love of Salazar's beard,don't wear my skirts again. Women have been treated like objects since the dawn of time, this isn't anything new and it will take time before we can walk down the halls safely." I shrugged.

"Yeah, when all the boys are dead and women rule the world." Alice said.

"Exactly!" Dorcas yelled.

"It's just not fair." Sirius mumbled.

"Life isn't fair and yet here we are." Marlene said and we all looked at her. "What!? It's the truth."

"Well, it's perfectly clear that Sirius is feminist as fuck and we love it." Lily laughed.

"Down with the patriarchy, I say!"

...

"So I can't wear a skirt?"

"Padfoot, we're doing homework. And no, you can't wear a skirt." I rolled my eyes. "If I can't wear trousers, you can't wear a skirt."

"This is bullshit. The whole system is bullshit." I rubbed my temples and sighed.

"Why do you want to wear a skirt again?"

"To prove that women are worth so much more than what they have under there." Sirius said. "Plus, I think they're comfortable."

"You wore one once in second year so you should know. And that's actually really nice of you Pads, but you wearing a skirt will get you in detention again and not to mention that mine won't fit you." I shrugged.

"And why's that?"

"I'm like almost a foot shorter than you, I'm way skinnier than you and I have the curves that you don't have. The skirt just hides them." I stated and handed him a Transfiguration book. "Now do your homework before Pince kicks us out again."