Year Seven

"And that's why Remus is Minnie's favorite Marauder and we don't question it." I shrugged and looked at the dress that I was wearing. "I can wear boots with this, right?"

"Jade, no. You are wearing heels and that's final." Lily rolled her eyes and looked at her dress. "Thanks for this. You didn't have to do it, you know?"

"Nonsense, Lils. You're my best friend and my Mum actually insisted that we had a dress tailored for you." I smiled.

"Remind me to thank Euphemia again when we get to your house."

...

"Good, you two are here. We have news and Padfoot has been laughing his ass off for the past forty minutes." Peter grabbed our hands and took us to James' room where you could clearly hear Sirius laughing.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked once we walked inside.

"Guess who's Head Boy?" Remus said stifling a laughter.

"Congrats, Remus. But I thought you asked Dumbledore to take your name out of the list?" Lily said confused.

"Lily, when did your letter come in?" Sirius said in between laughters.

"Last night and I'm Head Girl." Lily said proudly and I started to piece the puzzle together.

Sirius looked at me and nodded. I immediately threw my bag down and fell to my knees laughing.

"THIS IS SO GOLDEN." I yelled.

"What is?" Lily asked.

"Think about it, Lils. Moony isn't Head Boy, Peter isn't either. Sirius has been in way too many detentions for him to be in consideration and James is the only one holding a letter." I saw the wheels turning in her head and I bursted out laughing again.

"NO WAY!" Lily yelled.

"YES WAY!" We yelled back.

"Oh Merlin, I needed that today. Thank you Dumbledore." Sirius said and wiped his tears.

"This can't be happening." Lily shook her head and took the letter from James. "Oh dear Merlin, it's happening."

"It happened, and it's happening Evans. Looks like you're stuck with me." James put an arm around her but Lily elbowed his side. "Tough love, Evans."

Sirius and I bursted out laughing again when Lily started to pace around the room mumbling to herself.

"This is fucking comedy gold." Remus stated and laughed also.

"This is the nudge they needed." I whispered to him.

"Indeed it is."

...

~Sirius POV~

"Hey Prongs, can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked him nervously.

"Sure, we can go to my room if you want."

"Can we head by the lake? Vixen's with Lily in her room and I don't want her to hear this." James nodded and me headed for the lake.

"What's wrong? You're shaking like a leaf." James asked once we sat down by the small pier.

"You know that I love your sister and that I would never put her in harms way, right?" James nodded and I took a deep breath. "Well, I've been thinking about this since last summer and now that we're both about to be of age and if you and Fleamont approve and-"

"Stop rambling and spit it out, Sirius. I'm not getting any younger."

"Can I have your blessing to ask Jade to marry me?" I blurted out and looked at James. He looked at me in shock and I mentally prepared myself for the worst. "It's okay of you say no. I just thought that since-"