Lily finds out

"Bam Bam, you okay?"

"Nope." James said not moving his gaze from the floor. I sighed and sat down next to him.

"Tell your little sister what's going on." James shook his head.

"I can't tell you. I promised I wouldn't." James mumbled.

"Is it about the Head Boy and Girl dance?" James looked at me so fast that I'm surprised his neck is still attached to his body. "Lily told me last night."

"THE WHAT!? I CAN'T DANCE, DIDI." James stood up and started to pace.

"Prongs, we've been dancing ever since we were four years old. Dad taught us, remember?"

"He taught Daddy's little Princess but not the Prince." James gestured to himself and I laughed. "Mum tried to teach me but I stepped on her toes way too many times to count."

"How about I teach you? The Yule Ball starts with a traditional dance and Slughorn gave us the lesson last week and it's pretty easy." I shrugged.

"Minnie also gave us the lesson last week and Dorcas still hates me for stepping on her toes. I'm going to make a fool of myself, aren't I?" James slumped and threw himself on the floor.

"No you're not because I'm not letting you. We'll practice every single night until the Ball, okay?"

"But where? There's no way I'm dancing in front of the boys." James rolled his eyes.

"Ever heard about the room of requirement?" I smirked.

"The what?"

"There's a room in the seventh floor that is hidden to everybody. You stand in the corner and think about your biggest desire or your needs and the room transforms into that. Reg and I found it two years ago and we used it at night to escape the dungeons and talk for a while." I shrugged. "Not a lot of people know about it, so we should be good."

"Can we go now? I have to see this room for myself." I nodded and grabbed James' hand and we left towards the room of requirement.

...

"Welcome to the room of requirement, or in this case, a dance hall." I smiled at James who looked shocked.

"After this, we have to show the boys this place." James said looking around.

"We sure do. Same with the girls. They would love this place." I shrugged and grabbed James' hand. "We didn't come here to talk about my boys. We're here so you can dance so you can sweep Lily off her feet at the Ball. Now, first I'll lead and then you. How's that?"

"You do you, Didi. Thanks for doing this." James smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Anything for you, Bam Bam."

...

"My feet hurt." James whined as we were walking to the common room.

"Quit whining. Now, watch this. Padfoot and Moony have developed a new habit and I want to show you." James said the password and we entered the common room. Once we entered we saw Lily sitting in a corner reading. "Hey, Lils. Watch this."

"Watch what?" James and Lily said in unison and looked at each other. I looked at them in shock but said nothing.

"Where are my boys?"

"Here!" The boys, including James, yelled. I looked at James confused and he shrugged.

"Force of habit." I nodded still confused and walked towards the sofa where Remus and Sirius were sitting doing their homework.