Snuffles

"Jade, there's a dog behind you." Regulus said and I turned around to come face to face with Snuffles.

"Oh yeah, that's only Snuffles. Don't worry about it." I stopped walking and crouched down to pet him. Sirius barked and I laughed. "Yes, you're Snuffles. Deal with it."

"Snuffles? And since when do you have a dog? I've never seen you with one." Regulus pointed out and sat on the floor to pet him. Sirius immediately jumped on Regulus making him fall down laughing. "Well he's certainly very hyper."

"He's mostly James'. Don't tell McGonagall and we'll be okay. And he's very hyperactive when he wants to be but mostly he's a big baby." Sirius barked at me again and I laughed.

"He's adorable, Jade. You know, I've always wanted a dog but Mum never let me have one. Sirius once tried to sneak one into the house but Bellatrix ratted him out." Regulus shrugged and laughed when Sirius started to chase his tail.

"No offense, but your cousin's a heartless bitch. I got along just fine with Andy but Bellatrix just sent me glares at the wedding."

"Yeah, she's like that. Andy's the best and so is Cissy. I miss them." Regulus muttered sadly. Sirius noticed the change in his tone because he immediately licked Regulus' face and started to bark.

"You haven't seen them? I know about Andromeda so don't worry." I looked at Sirius who was still barking and chasing his tail trying to cheer his brother. "Snuffles, lay down and stay."

Sirius gave me a glare but followed orders and laid his head on Regulus' lap as he continued to pet him.

"I haven't seen Cissy in a while, actually. She married Lucius Malfoy last year but I couldn't go to the wedding because of exams and honestly, I kinda didn't want to go." Regulus shrugged.

"Why not?"

"I don't trust Lucius. Mum was ecstatic that Narcissa didn't turn out like Andy and she married pureblood royalty. I'm happy for her and all but Lucius just gives me bad vibes, you know?" Regulus said and stood up. "Anyways, I have to go to Potions. I'll see you later, Jade."

"Regulus! Don't give it much thought, okay? Not everyone is a bad person. If your cousin married him is because she saw something in him that nobody else sees. At least it wasn't an arranged marriage right?"

"It wasn't, actually. I truly believe that they love each other." Regulus said and gave me a small hug and petted Sirius one last time with a small smile. "I'll see you later, Jade. And thanks for letting me play with Snuffles for a while."

"Anytime, Reg. I'll see you later." I smiled and he left. I leaned towards a wall and sighed. Sirius noticed and nudged my face with his nose. "I'm okay, Padfoot. Thanks for cheering him up. Your brother has been feeling kinda down these past few days."

Sirius whined and laid his head on my lap. I smiled softly and started to pet him.

"He'll be okay. Walburga has been acting like a bitch as usual, that's all. Now, how about you change back? There's no one around so you can change here no problem."

Sirius barked again and started to change back. Once he was human again he sat down next to me and grabbed my hand.

"He'll be okay, right?" Sirius asked sadly.

"He will be. He just needed someone to talk to for a while." I said and looked at the direction that Regulus went not too long ago. "He's been like this for about a week. Today was the first time I've heard him laugh in a while and see him act like a kid. Believe it or not, he still needs his big brother. Even though you're in a different house, he doesn't care about that."

"Really!?"

"Yes, Padfoot. He just doesn't want to make the approach. Look, this is our last year and I don't want you two to end things like this. Try and make amends with Regulus. You have no idea how tense it is in the snake pit." I mumbled the last part.

"That's why you've been spending so much time in our common room?" Sirius asked and I nodded.

"Yes, but Regulus doesn't have that luxury. He can't just waltz into the lion's den like I do. Just try and talk to him every once in a while. It doesn't have to be everyday of you don't want to, but enough to make it known to him that you still care. That's all I'm asking." Sirius nodded and I smiled. "Good. Now it's free period and the boys aren't around. Want to go for a walk or something? I'll even let you change back into Snuffles if you want to."

Sirius immediately stood up and picked me up and started to run outside of the castle.

"You had me at free period, sunshine."

...

"Little Vixen, what the hell are you doing?"

"Contemplating the true meaning of life before Herbology. How about you?" I smirked. Remus rolled his eyes and laid on the floor beside me.

"Let me guess, you tripped on air and decided to stay on the floor?" I nodded and he laughed. "I'll tell Padfoot to add it to the list."

"What list?"

"He has a list of things considered dangerous to you." Remus shrugged.

"What's in the list?" I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Swivel chairs, tables, book shelves, Sir Nicholas, walking down the stairs alone, the courtyard fountain, being by the Lake when you're alone, the small pier at Potter Manor, fire, your wand when you're threatening someone, among others." I sat up shocked and Remus started to laugh.

"I would be offended if I didn't also have a list for him and Prongs." I shrugged.

"I need to hear this."

"Which one?" I smirked.

"Both!"

"Well Prongs can't be near the cloak if I'm not allowed due to the centaur problem, no fire, I have to be near if he's using the map so that he won't stalk Lily, his broom and a sleepy Wormtail. Sirius isn't allowed to play with fire, water, twirl his wand, tilt his chair for more than an hour, the squid in the lake, the cloak, playing with sticks as Snuffles, and I'm the only one who's allowed to comb his hair."

"So basically you've turned into their mother." Remus laughed and sat up also.

"Pretty much." I shrugged. "I also have a small list for you and Wormtail. You're not allowed to tilt your chair, pick at the scars and get a lot of sun, that's bad for you. Wormtail is not allowed to be alone with Bam Bam and Padfoot and that's pretty much it." I shrugged.

"So basically you're the mother of The Marauders?" Remus asked smiling.

"Yep. You boys can't be left alone to your own devices, remember? I left you boys alone for a few minutes and Padfoot was dangling from a chandelier in fourth year."

"Ah yes. Who could forget the day that you almost killed him? I feared for his life and mine that day." Remus shrugged and stood up. "I see the boys and we have class. Let's go."

"Remind me again why I'm talking Herbology at a N.E.W.T. level?" I groaned.

"Because you got an Outstanding in O.W.L.s. Now stop whining and let's go." Remus said and Sirius wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek.

"My beautiful sunshine." Sirius mumbled and kissed my cheek again.

"Where the hell were you three?" Remus asked.

"Don't ask." Sirius mumbled and I rolled my eyes.

"Padfoot-" I warned him.

"I'm serious. It's better if you don't ask. If it calms you down, we didn't do anything. Lily was with us." Sirius shrugged and kissed me. "Now let's get to class before Sprout throws Devil Snare at us."

The four boys shared a look and nodded.

What the hell did I miss?