Transformation

"They call themselves Death Eaters, and this," Remus pointed to a skull in the picture on the cover of the Daily Prophet. "they call it the Dark Mark."

"So they're in charge of the muggle attacks?" He nodded. "This is taking a turn for the worst." I put my head in my hands and sighed.

"It really is, Vixen. I have a real bad feeling about this."

"What else does it say?" I asked him.

"Something about a dark wizard but nobody knows who he is yet. There's not a lot of information."

"That we know of. The Ministry is always covering things up, you know this." I rubbed my temples and looked at the empty spaces in front of me. "Where are my boys?"

"Your boys are running late. I'm too tired to deal with them today, Vix." Remus said as he ate a piece of bacon.

"Full moon is coming soon, right?"

"Three days away." Remus rolled his eyes and continued to read the newspaper. I leaned on his shoulder and rubbed his arm.

"This is our year, Remus. I can feel it. You won't be alone for much longer." I felt him nod.

"Thanks little Vixen, for everything."

"Anything for my Moony." I smiled as I served us some pumpkin juice.

"I thought you were done with pumpkin juice?" Remus laughed.

"I'm feeling crazy today." I laughed along with him and saw the boys waltz into the Great Hall. "Good morning boys."

"Good morning Vixen." They said in unison and sat down. Sirius sat down next to me and pecked my lips.

"Good morning, my beautiful sunshine. Sleep well?" He smiled at me.

"As well as I could've considering the dungeons are pretty much freezing at night and the squid kept hitting my window. And don't get me started on the sirens. I wouldn't change the Slytherin common room for anything in the world but sometimes I wish I could tell the sirens to not sing right next to my bloody window." The boys laughed at this. "It's not funny! It sometimes sounds perfectly clear if you're underwater and it actually lulls you to sleep, but other times you just hear screeching. Tonight was one of those nights."

"And the squid?" Peter laughed.

"I think it's hurt somehow because it kept oozing ink and hitting the windows. Everybody was complaining when we woke up. I think Slughorn went to talk to Hagrid about it but I'm not sure." I shrugged and leaned towards Sirius and he kissed my forehead.

"Why didn't you come up to our dorm? You know the password this year right?" James asked and I shook my head. "It's Fortuna Mayor again. I think she forgot that was the password during third year if I'm not mistaken."

"I'll keep it in mind. If the sirens start screeching again, don't be surprised if I wake up on Sirius' bed tomorrow." Sirius smiled as the boys laughed again and put an arm around me.

"I'm looking forward to it." He whispered to me.

"Not like that, you idiot." I hit his arm and he laughed.

"I know what you mean sunshine, relax. I meant that I look forward to having you in my arms again." I blushed and he kissed the tip of my nose. "You're so cute like that."

"Shut up, Padfoot."

...

"O. W. L.s are this year." James said as we were waking down the hallways alone. "What do you plan to do after school?"