28 - One More Step

Randall and Rene went back to their house, followed by Stefan, Damon, Elena and Bonnie. Rene went to bed straight away. Randall came out from the room "That's here asleep now." He told. Stefan took one end of the sofa, whilst Elena and Demon took the other. Bonnie took the spare bedroom. 
"Where did Caroline go?" Bonnie asked as she grabbed a glass of water. 
"She went back to Mystic Falls with Matt in case they see any other floating orbs, or Klaus and the killing gang do anything to anyone," Damon answered. Elena looked towards Randall, who walked towards the fridge "How is she?" She asked.
"Better, she told me that Klaus nearly killed Matt today." He replied. 
"Is it safe for him to go back?" Bonnie asked.
"He's with Caroline and she can handle herself," Stefan replied. 
"If you guys need anything just let me know." Randall offered as he walked back into the bedroom with an apple.

Rene woke up back in Mystic Falls. She furrowed as she examined her surroundings. Matt was standing with his back turned to her "Hey Donovan..." She called, but he didn't turn around. She slowly walked up to him, then placed her hand on his shoulder. She turned him around to see he had no face, it was completely skin. She screamed and staggered back. She bumped into Klaus who tore into her neck. She woke up with a jolt. She sat up straight and held onto her neck. She looked at Randall who had his back turned to her "Randall?" She questions shakily. She put her hand on his shoulder "Babe?" She whispered. He turned around and she saw that he had no face, just like Matt's. She fell out of the bed and bumped her head into the door, knocking her out cold. 

She woke up on the sofa and Randall treating her head. She jumped back, but Randall hushed her "It's okay!" He reassured softly. Elena and Bonnie stood behind the sofa "What happened?" Elena asked.
"I had a bad dream. I was back in Mystic Falls, and I saw matt, but he had no face. I then woke up, looked at Randall, and he had no face too. I panicked, fell out of the bed, and hit my head off the door." She told. 
"To me, you looked at me and screamed. I tried calming you down." Randall replied. Rene placed her hand on top of Randall's and groaned. 
"You hit your head really hard," Randall told. 
"You said they had no face?" Bonnie questioned. Rene slowly nodded. Bonnie pulled out a bunch of books and flicked through pages. Once she read a paragraph, she looked at Rene "Blank faces usually mean death." she read out loud. She read over it again in case she got anything wrong. 
"So if she Randall and Matt?" Elena questioned.
"Then they will die," Bonnie answered. Rene shot up in fear.
"There has to be a way around it?" She begged. Bonnie flipped through different pages rapidly "I can see a resolution to it...but it's not easy to obtain." She answered. Rene took hold of Randall's hand and squeezed it tight. His face had dropped to the news.
"How do we do it?" She asked. 
"We need the blood of an innocent...blood of pure evil...and blood of an original vampire." She finished. Rene's heart dropped to her stomach. 

The knights went to the temple that evening. Hamish brought over drinks "Where do we find that kind of blood?" He questioned as he set them on the table. Everyone reached for a cup "Well, I think we know where we can find pure evil..." Jack announced as he looked at Gabrielle. She leaned back in shock "Excuse me? You'll find I'm very nice...dick." She defended. Jack scoffed and sipped on his drink.
"Well, an innocent? That can't be that hard!" Randall assured. 
"Well...how innocent are we talking? Like, someone who's a saint? Or newborn, who doesn't know right from wrong?" Lilith questioned.
"We're not killing a newborn!" Rene stated. Lilith raised her hands.
"It didn't necessarily say kill." Randall pointed out.
"We're not going near a baby!" Rene addressed loudly. Everyone nodded "Fine!" Lilith called.
"But I agree that we don't have to kill anyone. It just says blood." Rene applied. 
"Why don't we asked a paster for a blood donation?" Hamish suggested.
"Great idea Hamish! Let's just march into the church and say 'Hi have you been innocent your entire life? Great! Would you love to donate blood?' Yeah, let's roll with that." He sarcastically agreed. Hamish rolled his eyes and threw him the middle finger. Vera walked out from her office and stared at the group "Haven't you got duties?" She questioned sternly. 
"Actually, we're trying to prevent my death from happening," Randall answered as he stared at her with a smile. She furrowed and leaned back "Right..." She muttered, "So, how exactly is this preventing your death, Mr Carpio?" She answered.
"Grand Magus?" Rene butted in. Vera's eyes glided to her.
"I envisioned Randall, and another friend, with no facial features, just a face. We need the blood of an innocent, of pure evil, and an original vampire." Rene listed. 
"Follow me," Vera replied. Everyone got up and followed Vera into the reliquary. Jack and the others, other than Rene, looked at each other. They had flashbacks to when they tried to enter before but didn't go well. Vera walked towards a painting and opened it, revealing a box with three test tubes filled with blood. She handed the box to Rene.
"Innocent blood?" Rene questioned.
"Pure evil. That blood belongs to one of the ancient Grand Magus of this temple. He went off and killed off most of his temple for power. He kept recruiting, he kept killing, and so forth." She corrected and informed. Rene nodded "Right." She answered whilst closing the box.

They got back to the den and placed the box in a secure place.
"Make sure no one moves it or touches it," Rene ordered. Damon examined a vase on the mantlepiece "How on earth did you manage to get the blood of pure evil?" He asked.
"We have connections," Rene replied. 
"So we need to receive innocent blood and the Adams family blood next...superb!" Damon sarcastically exclaimed.
"I think we should start with the originals first," Stefan answered.
"And we should deal with them...I wouldn't like to see what would happen to Rene if she went." Bonnie thought aloud. 

***

Rebekah peered over Steven's shoulder as he finished off the bolt "Are you finished yet?" She asked. Steven sighed "It would be finished a lot quicker if you stopped interrupting me." He pointed out as he got back to adding the final touches. Rebekah rolled her eyes and strolled over towards one of the many pillars in the new bunker. 
"What do we get out of this?" Nessi questioned. 
"You'll be able to walk without your daylight rings...I thought I went over this." Steven snapped. Nessi furrowed "What's the problem with the rings anyway? It doesn't annoy me." She replied.
"Not everyone has daylight rings!" Steven snapped once again. Everyone looked at each other with concern.
"I'm starting to think this will only benefit you." Elijah pointed out. 

***

As Rene and the others sat around, they heard a knock at the door. Rene stood up "I've got it!" She called. She walked to the door and opened it. Amber stood in front of her with a concerned look upon her face.
"Hi..." Amber greeted. Rene folded her arms "Where're your siblings at?" Rene asked as she looked across the porch. 
"It's just me. I want to help." She offered. Rene examined her for a short period of time before stepping out of the way "Come in." She allowed. Amber smiled and entered the house. Damon used his speed and pinned her up against the wall "Damon!" Rene shouted. Damon looked at Rene, then dropped her. 
"Luckily for you...we need some of your blood." Rene informed.
"How is that lucky for me?" Amber questioned as she rubbed her neck. 
"We don't have to hurt any of your siblings..." Rene answered.

Amber sat down on the sofa with her arm stretched towards Bonnie "We're gonna need a few vials, just in case the spell goes wrong." Bonnie required. Amber agreed and sat patiently as the blood was taken from her and into three small vials.