10 - Will Do Anything

Hamish pushed the man down onto a chair then tied him up "What's your name?" Jack questioned. The man laughed lightly "I'm Dr Steven Green...I study the supernatural..."
"You study more than the supernatural...you have technology that's out of this world!" Grafton jumped in.
"I use energy and magic to make the technology." He informed, "I was following you after you and your friend decided to interrupt my work, but I found better study..." Steven began. His eyes glided to Rene "...Her." He finalised. Rene growled and went to jump towards him. Jack grabbed her "Rene, no!" He shouted.
"Get her out of here!" Lilith ordered. Jack pulled her into the kitchen.
"What is wrong with you?!" He asked. Rene folded her arms and her eyes drifted to the other side of the room.
"I don't know what's gotten into you, but you need to cut it out! This isn't going to help!" He insisted.
"He tortured me, Jack!" She exclaimed in a whisper. Randall entered the room. Jack looked back "I'll leave you two." He finalised as he walked back into the main room. Rene leaned against the countertop as she stared at the floor "Rene, I'm sorry, but you've been out of control recently!" Randall confessed. She looked up from the floor with widened eyes "The Rene I know wouldn't lie to me and go behind my back to attack someone...". Rene scoffed before folding her arms, feeling irritated.
"I'm sorry that what happened to me changed me." She replied. Randall laughed lightly in disbelief "I'm done with whatever this is..." He finally brought up. Rene snapped to attention "What?" She asked in a hushed tone.
"You're not yourself...and I'm done until I get her back..." he finalised before walking out of the room.

Later that night, Rene walked past the foyer "Hey!" She heard in a hushed tone. She looked back and spotted Steven still tied to the chair "Just kill me already!" He insisted in a teasing tone as if he wanted her to unleash Alpha. She took a deep breath and turned her back. When she continued to walk "I know you want to..." He wolfishly grinned. Rene closed her eyes and marched into the closet room, which was the basement. She slammed the door and marched down the stairs. She walked into the main room where the lockers sat. She walked towards her locker and pulled out the diary of Alpha. When she flicked through the pages that she had already read, she noticed the pages were blank as if Alpha was yet to be studied. She closed the book with a thud and threw it into the locker. She gave up instantly and sat in front of it. She folded her legs and rested her hands on her chin.

She left the house after finding that no one was there. She wandered the campus then looked into the bar. She spotted the four sitting and enjoying themselves. It broke her to witness them all out without her. She caught a glimpse of Randall who seemed to be happier without the struggle of dealing with her. She sighed and stared up towards the science block. The snow gleamed brightly against the lights. She looked into her shadow and saw it grow into a wolf. Her eyes widened in shock. She turned around, but nothing was there. She looked down at her hands, but they were normal.

Randall, Jack, Hamish and Lilith sat in the bar having a great time. The waitress walked passed and gave Randall a small, flirtatious smile. Randall smiled back and watched her walk past. Lilith kicked him "Not fair!" She informed.
"I know! But I can't help it. I don't want any stress in a relationship anymore..." He mentioned before drinking his beer.
"I'm sure we can find a way to help her. It's not too late." Hamish discussed. Everyone nodded "I hope so..." Jack hoped.

Rene walked into the temple and knocked on Vera's office doors. They opened revealing Vera at her desk "Miss Adams...what can I do for you?" She questioned. Rene walked inside.
"I think Alpha is taking over my body. My attitude has turned dramatically, to the point Randall broke up with me over it. I need help to control it...or if worst comes to worst, get rid of Alpha." She insisted. Vera sat back in shock "You want me? To help you with control?" She muttered in disbelief. Rene rolled her eyes "Can you help me or not?".
"Control is my thing. I will help you, but you need to do something for me that I ordered you all to do a long time ago." Vera compromised. 
"Anything!" Rene begged.
"You need to stay away from the others...until you gain control and your profiles are no longer high." She ordered. Rene took a deep breath "Done! I'll live in my dorm room until further notice."

The four walked in and looked at Dr Steven. His head was bent back against the chair. Randall walked over and clicked his fingers "Hey, Mr Frankenstein!" He called. Steven snorted as he woke up "Yes?" he questioned.
"So Rene didn't kill him..." Lilith mentioned in disbelief.
"I tried to tease her into killing me, but she stormed off and I haven't seen her since." He alerted. Everyone looked at each other "Shit!" They all said in sync. 

Rene opened her dorm room door and entered. She closed it and looked around "Miss me!" She heard. She looked at the desk and spotted Melissa "Holy shit!" She exclaimed in excitement.
"I've been watching your...progress, or, fuck ups.".
"Don't even start..." Rene warned as she flopped herself onto the bare bed. Melissa kicked her legs up "You know...being dead isn't so bad. It's rather elevating." She informed. 
"Lucky for you! Alpha choose me, and now I can't control her." Rene informed before letting out a puff of air. Melissa rolled her eyes "The problem is that you're letting your trauma take control. If you treated it as if it was an expected experience, you'd be okay!". Melissa got up and walked towards the door "By the way...ex incoming.".
Rene shot up like a lightning bolt "I'm supposed to stay away from him!". She panicked and opened her dorm room window. She climbed out onto the ledge and shifted towards the wall. Everyone on the ground began to panic. Randall entered the room and looked towards the window. He peered out and spotted her. She sighed "Shit...".