16 - Unleashed Feelings

After Tommy and Ruby left, Rene pulled Randall towards the basement door "You gave her my necklace?" She questioned as her eyebrows raised slightly. Randall shrugged "You gave it back to me so why should it matter?".
"It matters because it used to belong to me!" She replied. Jack walked around the corner "I told you, dude." He said before disappearing again. Rene folded her arms and looked off "I didn't think it mattered anymore because we aren't together! Plus you said that she would love it." Randall argued quietly. Rene snapped back to him "One, I was being sarcastic, and two...of course it matters! You pawned off a necklace that belonged to me! That's like giving your fiance your ex fiances ring. You don't do that!" She clapped back. Randall rolled his eyes and walked away.

The next day, Rene walked down the stairs with her suitcase "Guys! I'm leaving!" She shouted. Lilith came bounding out from her bedroom and leapt into her arms.
"We'll miss you!" She hummed. Rene laughed and hugged her tightly "I'll miss you too!".

She stepped out of the house and spotted Vera and Gabrielle walking up the driveway "Fuck..." Rene muttered.
"We have a problem," Vera mentioned as she stopped dead in her tracks.
"Can it wait? I'm going home for Christmas." She informed. Gabrielle shook her head "It's a crisis!" She informed. Rene shook her head "At this point, I do not care. I want to get home." She replied.

Rene carried on, ignoring Vera. As she was driving home, the traffic was crazy. She leaned back and relaxed as she cruised slowly along the road. Hours had passed, and she finally got home. Jessica came running out from the house in excitement.
"It's good to see you, mom!" She beamed.
"Get inside before you freeze," Jessica commanded as she gently shooed her inside. Rene walked into the smell of freshly baked scones that lingered in the air. The open fire was crackling loudly. She was happy to be home.
"I baked your favourite!" Jessica exclaimed as she pulled out the hot tray from the oven. Rene nodded "I could smell them when I walked in." She informed. Jessica removed her oven gloves and looked at Rene "How's the boyfriend?" She asked. Rene's face dropped "We aren't together anymore..." She muttered. Jessica's hands dropped "I'm so sorry to hear!" She comforted. Rene sat down at the table and looked around. Photos throughout the years were scattered across the counter. Rene being Rene got up to be nosey. She gazed down at the photos and saw herself and Jessica. She smiled as she picked up a picture of her and Randall "This was my favourite photo of us..." She mentioned with a small smile. Jessica smiled thoughtfully "I know. I printed that out and got you this...". Rene turned around and saw that Jessica was holding a locket shaped into a heart. She walked over and gently took the locket from her hands. She opened it up to see the same photo only smaller. Rene clutched it in her hands "I love it..." She whispered. Jessica watched her for a moment "I know that look."
"What look?" Rene asked as she sat back down.
"The 'I'm not over him, but act like I am' look. I had the same one." She told as she sat down in front of her. Rene leaned back in shock "I'm not over him..." She whispered. Her eyes were widened as if she was introduced to a whole new world. Jessica leaned forward with a massive smirk on her face "You know, you don't have to be home for Christmas.". Rene shook her head "It doesn't matter now, he's with Ruby..." She informed.

Randall and Ruby walked through the campus, gazing at all of the decorations. She turned to Randall "I want you to meet my parents!" She exclaimed. Randall's eyes widened in shock "Huh?".
"I know it's early, but I'm going to see them this afternoon, and I want you to join me," She informed with big puppy dog eyes. Randall sighed "I guess we can, but we're not staying...right?" He asked.
"No! I'm coming back to my dorm room afterwards." She replied as she linked arms with him.

Randall and Ruby arrived at her parent's house. Her dad opened the door and welcomed her with open arms "Who's this?" He asked. She turned to Randall "This is Randall! I've been seeing him for a while." She told. He looked at him with a deep stare, as if he was staring into his soul. He put out his hand "Nice to meet you.". Randall shook his hand. he felt the grip of her dad. Randall laughed as his hand began to hurt slightly.
"Great handshake." He said awkwardly.

The two sat in the living room and was greeted by her mom. Her mom held her nose high in the air. Randall thought how Ruby seemed to be the only non-threatening one in the family.
"Mom, this is Randall..." She introduced. Randall began to feel uneasy and Ruby noticed this "We'll go upstairs!" She mentioned as she took his hand and pulled him along.

Ruby and Randall sat in front of each other on her bed "I want you to be honest with me." She started. Randall nodded "Of course!".
"This was Rene's necklace..." She pointed out. The air hitched in his throat, but he let it out with a sigh "I'm sorry...it was there, and I thought you would've liked it." He honestly stated.
"But I'm not Rene." She reminded as she removed the necklace. Randall furrowed "What're you doing?" He asked as he watched her stare at it.
"I know you're not over her. It's blatantly obvious." She laughed. Randall raised an eyebrow "And you're not mad?" He questioned.
"Of course not! I expected it to happen if I'm honest..." She placed the necklace in his hand "I think it's better if we stay friends, besides, I'm not really over my ex." she informed.
"I think so too." He agreed.
"And that jumper I gave you?" She questioned with a smirk. Randall began to laugh "It's terrible!" He said honestly. They both began to laugh "Now, go get your girl!" She hyped up. Randall jumped off of the bed then turned to her "You're an amazing person! Don't forget that!" He mentioned before darting out of her room.