30 - An End To It All

Klaus had nipped his wrist with his teeth. He placed his wrist over Rene's mouth. The vampire blood had flowed into her system "This might take a while...but the wound will be healed, and she will wake up." Klaus informed. 
"So, she'll live?" Randall asked. Klaus pushed the hair out from her face "She will." He informed. Bonnie tapped his hand away and sent him a glare. Hamish looked outside towards the garden "Guys..." He attracted. Everyone looked out and spotted Grafton with Nessi's body. 
"Ah, crap," Damon muttered as he stepped outside. The rain had poured down heavily. Damon approached slowly behind him "Hey buddy? Wanna come inside? It's getting kind of wet out here." He informed.
"Leave me alone," Grafton muttered as he kept a tight hold of Nessi. 
"You can bring her with you...we'll set her down on the sofa." He informed. Grafton slowly nodded then picked her up bridal style.

Hours had passed and the wounds weren't healing. Randall grew more concerned "It's not working!" He panicked.
"It's getting fainter..." Klaus informed as he listened closely to Rene's heart. Bonnie snapped "The mixture! She needs to drink it. Your blood is just keeping her alive!" She informed. Bonnie rushed over with the bowl and held Rene's head up. She poured the mixture in until it was gone. A golden swirl began to appear around her, lighting up her skin. The hole began to vanish, along with her cuts. Her skin became plump again, and the colour came back to her skin and hair. Everyone looked in astonishment.
"It's working...it's healing her." Jack cheered. Klaus closed his eyes and listened into her heart. Her heart began to beat faster until it was at an ordinary pace. Randall felt her skin heat up "Come on..." He whispered in hope of her eyes opening wide. Bonnie watched as the guardian aura appeared behind the sofa rather than over her. The aura was at its full form. It was the wolf, it was alpha. Alpha sent Bonnie a head nod before disappearing into Rene again. Bonnie smiled "She'll be okay..." She informed. The redness began to dim to normal sunlight again. Everyone walked outside and stared into the yellow sun "Well...that was easy..." Damon informed. 

Rene woke up to an empty living room. She stood up and held onto her chest, it was still achy. She walked into the foyer and saw everyone standing outside, saying their goodbyes to the Mystic Falls ones. Rene stepped outside without them noticing. She approached them "Didn't think you'd leave without saying goodbye to me, did you?" She questioned. Everyone beamed "You're banned from dying!" Jack shouted before hugging her. Randall passionately kissed her "Glad you're okay..." He hummed. Rene looked over and spotted the Mikaelsons "Give me two minutes.". She walked over to them "I want to thank you all...especially Klaus for keeping me alive when I barely was." She mentioned before glancing at Kol. Kol winched "Yeah, I'm sorry about that." He apologised. Klaus smiled at her "Anything for you, love." He smiled.
"Thank you guys for coming." She finalised before walking back to her group. 

"Get over here!" Bonnie smiled as she hugged Rene. Matt fixed his jacket "Still has a little bit of your blood on it..." He mentioned as he pointed towards the stain. 
"Thank you, Donovan!" She replied through a smirk. Damon opened the door of his mustang and leaned on the roof "We need to get back before hell breaks loose." He informed. Everyone said their goodbyes and watched them drive off. Rene rested her head on Randall's shoulder as they watched the cars disappear, along with the Mikaelsons. 
"Is it done?" Lilith asked. Groaning was heard from the porch. Everyone looked back and saw Steven crawling towards the steps. 
"One more thing..." Elijah said from behind them. Elijah stepped out and ripped his heart out from his chest. He looked back to the group "I'd burn the body if I were you." He mentioned as he disappeared.
"Not it!" Lilith, Rene, Randall, Gabrielle, and Jack said in sync. Hamish waved his hands "Okay now that's not fair!" He complained.
"You know the rules!" Randall stated as he threw him finger guns, then entered the house. Rene shrugged and followed. 
"Shit..." Hamish hummed. 

Rene entered the living room and saw Grafton mourning over Nessi. Rene crept up and rubbed his back "There's nothing we can do now..." She whispered. Grafton sniffled and wiped his eyes quickly "I know..." He replied. 
"We'll give her a proper memorial," Lilith mentioned as she entered the room. 

A couple of hours later, Rene went down to the basement. She heard drilling and hammering. She peeked in and saw Randall creating a coffin "Is this for Nessi?" She asked as she placed her hands on his shoulders. She leaned down to meet his height. 
"Yeah...she doesn't deserve to be burned." He informed. Rene grinned whilst he stood up. 
"I think this is the nicest thing I saw you do for him." She stated as she wrapped her arms around his shoulder. Randall rolled his eyes "Well, ever since I found out he was in love with Nessi, I didn't see him as competition anymore." He informed. Rene giggled "You know you're the only one for me, right?" She questioned. Randall kissed her softly "I know..." He muttered. Rene removed her hands from around his neck and placed them in her back pockets "Well, we'll bury her at sundown." She informed. 

Sundown came and it was time to bury Nessi. Jack and Hamish had dug a hole in the woods. Everyone wore black for the occasion. Grafton walked up to the hole and threw in a white rose. He stepped back slowly, then received a back pat from Randall. Rene stepped up next and threw in mountain ash from the place they met. 
"She'll never be forgotten," Lilith mentioned as she gave Hamish and Jack a head nod, which indicated them to start covering the coffin. Randall entwined his fingers with Rene's as she stared at the dirt slowly rising. Gabrielle cut her hand and whispered a spell. Flowers grew all around "Beautiful, Gabs." Rene commented. Gabrielle smiled as she wiped her hand. When the hole was filled, everyone stood a minute in silence. Everyone gradually walked back to the house. 

Vera called everyone into the temple. Everyone sat in the lounge, speaking lowly to each other. Vera stood up "Can I have everyone's attention!" She called. Everyone looked at her as she put her hands together. 
"I'd like to congratulate the Knights for getting rid of the problem that surfaced Belgrave in the past week." She thanked. Rene raised her glass slightly in gratitude. 
"For now, we shall eat and drink!" She said through a smile. Everyone clapped and continued with their conversations. 
"What's everyone doing after graduation?" Hamish asked. Rene shrugged "I might move to Vancouver to pursue my acting career." She informed. Randall shrugged "I have no idea...to think we will all split up as knights." He mentioned. Everyone sat in sorrow "It was great knowing you guys..." Lilith mentioned as she held back her emotions. Rene furrowed "We don't have to..." She mentioned as an idea popped into her head. Everyone looked at her "What do you mean?" Jack asked.
"It's not just Belgrave that needs us...it's the country." Rene pointed out. Jack nodded and thought for a moment "I actually know of a place that has supernatural happenings." Jack followed up. Rene closed her eyes "If you say, Mystic Falls..." She flinched.
"No...for your information...I wasn't!" He defended. Everyone leaned forward in suspense. A grin slowly appeared on his face "Beacon Hills...".