29 - A Change Of Sides

Once the three vails were filled. Bonnie placed them inside a wooden box and hid them in the bookshelf "They should be fine there." She informed. 
"Next we need innocent blood," Stefan informed.
"Not me!" Damon explained with a smirk on his face.
"You're blood isn't even blood. It'll be bourbon." Bonnie replied. Damon rolled his eyes and plunked himself onto the armchair. 
"I think the best bet is visiting a priest, or a nun...or someone of that kind," Lilith suggested. Hamish thought for a moment, then an idea popped into his head "I know someone who hasn't got a bad bone in their body!" He then looked at Rene. Everyone followed his gaze.
"What? Me? No!" Rene defended. Randall put his hands on her arms "If you think about it. You haven't got a single..." Randall was cut off by the room dimming to red. Everyone paused "What was that!" Damon exclaimed. Everyone rushed to the door and stared up into the sun "The blood moon..." Jack whispered. 
"They did it..." Amber alerted. 
"Did what?" Damon questioned.
"They managed to get Rene's blood..." She informed. Rene furrowed "How?" She exclaimed in panic. Suddenly, figures walked through the gates of the house. It was Steven and the Mikealsons. 
"Surprise surprise!" Damon mentioned as he pushed to the front. 
"Amber!" Rebekah shouted. Amber quickly looked back towards the group "Make that potion! Don't forget that they have entrance to the house!" Amber warned before disappearing into the woods. Grafton looked at Nessi "What have they done to you?" He whispered. Other vampires appeared from the trees, vampires that had been in hiding for years. 
"We have a problem..." Randall hummed in a high pitched voice.
"Not all of them can get in..." Rene reassured. Rene turned to Bonnie and quickly cut her hand, filling a vial full of her blood "I hope that's it..." She muttered.
"I can put a barrier around myself to make the potion...but be careful!" Bonnie shouted before disappearing into the house.
"This is gonna be fun..." Damon muttered before walking up the lane. Stefan walked with him, followed by Elena. Rene took a breath and stepped out "Let's do this, ladies." She finalised. Everyone followed after Rene. Vampires picked up their speed and charged towards the group. The knights, apart from Rene and Randall, wolfed up. Gabrielle guarded Bonnie as she mixed the blood.
"Is it working?" Gabrielle asked as she held a knife close to the palm of her hand.
"It looks to be..." She replied as she stared into the bowl. The blood swirled together, creating a pool wave. 

Damon and Stefan worked together to rip hearts out of vampires. As the vampires died, their skin turned grey and veiny. Klaus locked eyes with Rene "You're mine..." She muttered as she picked up her pace. Klaus charged towards her, sending her back. Klaus picked her up with one hand. Rene clawed his cheek, leaving a gash in his face. She pushed him away, throwing him to the ground. She picked him up "Hey!" Rene heard. She turned her head to face Rebekah "Let go of my brother." She whispered. Klaus was able to free himself. He had bit into her neck, just like the dream. She let out a mighty scream before staggering back. Randall turned around in fear "What out!" Rene shouted. Kol charged towards him. Rene picked herself up and hurried towards him. Kol had reached into Rene's chest rather than Randall's. Rene's eyes widened "Whoops." Kol whispered. Hamish took Kol out, leaving Rene with a hole in her chest. Elena looked back "Get her inside!" She shouted. Klaus rushed to the door before Randall had reached it. Klaus raised an eyebrow and smirked. His eyes then drifted to Rene. His smirk soon faded as he listened to her heart. Kol had just missed her heart, it was beating ever so faintly. 
"Get out of my way!" Randall ordered, dismissing the fact he could die to save his girlfriend. 
"Kill him!" Steven shouted as he turned into a wolf. Klaus looked back at Rene as her eyes began to close. Klaus breathed in heavily and moved out of the way. Randall pushed passed and towards Bonnie.

"What're you doing!" Steven ragefully screamed. Klaus grabbed him by the throat "An innocent girl is basically dead...all because of your stupid blood moon. This war was never mentioned." Klaus pointed out. Rebekah and Elijah looked over, they stopped fighting immediately. 
"Admit it, Klaus! This was what you wanted!" He shouted. Klaus's nose began to snare "Not. For. Me." He finalised before snapping his neck with one hand. 
"Looks like we're helping the others." Elijah pointed out. He went over to Lilith who had trouble with four vampires. He pulled two off of her and instantly killed them. Lilith furrowed as Elijah fixed his suit "Trust me...I'm just as confused." He replied. Kol was still fighting with Hamish. Rebekah snarled and flung him across the garden "We're not fighting them anymore!" She shouted. Rebekah looked back at Hamish "That was cool." Hamish admitted which made her blush. Grafton turned his head to spot Nessi on the floor. His heart sank into his stomach. He charged towards her, slid across the grass, and held her in his arms. 
"No, no, no." He hummed as he moved the hair out of her face. Her skin slowly turned grey. Her eyes drifted to his "I never got the chance to tell you..." She whispered in pain.
"Tell me what?!" He cried.
"That you're an idiot..." She spoke. Grafton laughed "You called me that all of the time!" He butted in.
"Let me finish!" She snapped. Grafton nodded and held onto her hand tighter. 
"I never got the chance to tell you that I loved you." She whispered. A tear fell from Grafton's face onto Nessi's jacket, "I've loved you ever since you offered to leave Belgrave with me. You sacrificed everything in Belgrave just to keep me company. I will never forget that." She reminded. Grafton laughed sadly "I loved you ever since we first fought together...ever since Corey got chewed up by a carbine harvester..." He mentioned. Nessi smiled faintly and closed her eyes. The grey vainly skin had fully covered her body, leaving it cold. Grafton pulled her in and cradled it. 

Bonnie and Gabrielle watched horrifyingly as Randall set Rene's now lifeless body on the floor. 
"You need to help her!" Randall begged Bonnie. Bonnie's mind soon clicked "It was never your or Matt's death...it was her own." She whispered.
"She dreamed of her own death?" Gabrielle questioned. Bonnie nodded sorrowfully. Randall dropped to his knees and he held on tightly to her hand. 

A car pulled into the driveway. It was Caroline, Matt and Jeremy. They all got out "Where's Rene?" Jeremy questioned frantically. Elena pointed towards the house "In there! Hurry! I just saw her collapse to the ground." She informed. Caroline raced to the door "It was never Randall and..." She slowed down as she spotted Rene. Bonnie looked up slowly at Caroline "She's dead..." She informed. Caroline covered her mouth as she leaned into Matt. Matt put his arm around her waist to comfort her. Gabrielle stood up in frustration "I feel so helpless!" She shouted. Everyone looked up at her "There's nothing you can do." Bonnie replied.
"No! Everyone has amazing powers...but I just watched and did nothing!" She shouted. Bonnie thought for a moment "Actually...there might be something, we need to combine our power." She mentioned reassuringly. Randall looked up towards Bonnie with his teary eyes. Everyone from the outside gathered around after defeating the other vampires. 
"We can help..." Elijah informed. Klaus listened carefully "Her heart is still beating...but it's faint." He informed. 
"So now all of a sudden you want to help?" Randall growled. His eyes met Kol's, the one who ripped into her chest. He shot towards him, pushing him into a wall "You did this!" He shouted. Spit landed on Kol's face. Rebekah pulled them apart "Watch!" She ordered as she pointed towards Rene. Randall looked over to see Klaus kneeling beside her.