19 - New Girl In Town

"You could've died!" Randall freaked out as he lifted Rene off of the ground. Rene furrowed "I'm not though, am I?" She replied. Randall sighed and pulled Rene into a hug. They watched in grief as their den crumbled to the ground.

They stood on campus as they watched Steven get pushed into a police car "This is far from over!" He shouted. The same detective that interviewed Rene was talking to Vera. It clicked that he knew about the secret society. Vera walked up to the group "Consolenses about your house..." She started.
"I still have my house...but it only has one room," Hamish informed. Everyone looked at Randall and Rene.
"You sure?" Randall questioned. Hamish smirked, "It's about time you two moved out." He replied. Rene looked over at Randall "I wouldn't mind moving out." She replied softly.
"I can lend you my place, I don't mind." Hamish offered as he fixed his coat.
"We'll take it," Randall replied with a grin.

"You guys can camp in here for the time being," Vera said as she placed sleeping bags across the floor. Nessi set herself on the office seat "I think I'll kip here." She stated as she kicked her feet onto the table. Vera looked at her with a raised eyebrow "Get. out. of. my chair." She warned. Nessi raised her hands, took her feet off the table, then stood up. Lilith scrolled through her phone for houses as she lay on her sleeping bag.
"What do you think Steven did?" Rene asked as she lay on her stomach.
"We have no idea...but whatever it is, it can't be that bad!" Jack reassured.

The next morning was rough for everyone. Everyone groaned as they sat up "My back!" Randall moaned as he stretched out. Rene watched as Nessi fixed her hair in the reflection of a goblet. She noticed two small bite marks underneath her right ear.
"Nessi..." She called. Nessi turned around "Yeah?" She asked. Rene pointed to her own neck. Nessi copied her movements and winced when she touched the bites "Probably got bitten by a bug on the floor." She complained. Hamish examined the floor "It's spotless..." He commented.
"The temple is cleaned twice a day," Jack informed.
"Not well enough!" Nessi replied as she strolled to the desk. The colour from Nessi's face drained, she was as white as the snow that settled outside.
"You feeling alright?" Rene asked as she stood up.
"I'm fine..." She replied but her body had stopped working. She fell into the side of the desk which caught her fall.
"Jesus Christ!" Grafton rushed to her side. He further inspected her neck "These aren't just bug bites." He informed. Everyone leaned forward with confusion "Their holes..." He finalised. Nessi quickly grabbed the nearest reflective object. She peered in at herself "What the fuck!" She panicked.
"This floors definitely not clean!" She commented.

"That should be you," Hamish mentioned as he taped a cotton pad to her neck.
"Thanks." She muttered as she wiped her hands with disinfectant. Gabrielle and Selena appeared from the office "The place was clean, but we steamed everything and cleaned everything down for extra precaution." Selena informed. Everyone sat in the lounge in silence. Rene grabbed the T.V remote and switched to the news "Let's see what's going down in Belgrave today..." She muttered to herself as she leaned back against the chair.
"Belgrave hospital experienced a break-in. Blood bags have been raided from the coolers. Further investigation is taking place today. We'll be back with more at six-thirty." The women reported before the weather came on. Everyone looked at each other "Who would rob a hospital of their blood bags?" Lilith asked.
"A vampire." Randall laughed at he stared at his fingernails. Everyone's eyes widened then looked at Nessi "Coincidence?". Everyone laughed "Yeah!" They said in sync.

Rene entered her classroom to see Robbie back in teaching. She paused as her eyes drifted the room "Sir..." She greeted rigidly.
"Miss Adams. Go take your seat." He directed. She nodded and strolled to her seat. Layla who was an Indian girl with beautiful, long black hair turned to her "I love how he shows up after in the second semester." She informed. A girl entered the classroom, which made everyone stare. Her skin was pale, her hair was white, and her eyes were amber. The hairs on Rene's arms stood up, her awareness was on high alert.
"This is Amber Rose. She's moved from Washington University to be here with us!" Robbie welcomed with open arms. Amber scanned the room for a spare seat. The only spare seat was beside Rene "Of course..." Rene muttered as she put her head down. Amber made her way up to her and sat down. The two made eye contact. Rene concentrated on her abnormal yellow eyes "If you don't mind me asking, what's with your eyes?" Rene asked as she slightly shifted herself away from her.
"I wear coloured contacts." She replied in an English accent. Rene nodded but was still very suspicious of her.

When the class ended, she waited for everyone to leave. When Amber left, she stared at Rene as she moved around the corner. Rene shook off her shivers as she approached Robbie "What are you doing back?" She asked. Robbie laughed lightly as he placed a book onto the desk "Nice to see you too. How did your little problem work out?" He asked.
"The whole Gabrielle thing? She's no longer Midnight. She's normal again, and Randall and I are doing perfectly fine." She answered. Robbie nodded "That's great to hear." He replied.
"I don't feel great about her..." Rene added as she leaned against the desk.
"About who?" He questioned as he walked to the blackboard and wiped off all of the chalk writing.
"Amber! She gives me very bad vibes. She says she wears contacts, but I think she might be supernatural." She informed. Robbie turned around whilst laughing "I think you're overthinking." He replied.
"If you find anything, let me know." She informed before leaving the classroom.

She walked through campus and saw Hamish. She strolled up to him as he was pinning up a poster "Whatcha doing?" She asked as she stared at the missing person poster.
"A distressed mother came into my classroom today. Her son went missing a couple of nights ago." He informed. Rene frowned then turned around when she felt the back of her neck burning. She spotted Amber hugging a man who was looking at her.
"Hamish..." Rene muttered. Hamish looked down at her and noticed her staring at something. He looked at the man "Who's that?" He asked.
"That's Amber, and I assume her dad. She's new in my class." She noted. Hamish furrowed "Why would someone start university in the second semester?" He questioned.
"That's exactly what I thought!" She replied, "My professor said she moved from Washington DC, she's got an English accent, which tells me she doesn't stay at places for long." She continued.
"She's got an odd look about her" He mentioned before turning back around to attend the poster.
"Tell me about it..." Rene finalised.