13 - New Partners

Nessi, Grafton and Randall travelled through the woods looking for Rene. Rene was still stuck in the tree. To pass the time, she sang songs to keep her occupied. The cold was sinking into her skin, she shivered like a nervous dog. The sun had gone down, and the moon came out.
"There she is!" Nessi shouted as she rushed to the spot "Rene!" She shouted. Rene slowly looked down "Hi." She replied in a cold and shaky voice.
"She's going to catch hyperthermia up there!" Nessi shouted. Grafton death glared Randall "You're an inch away from death..." he said in a dark tone. Nessi pointed her crossbow to the net "This might hurt!" She shouted. Rene closed her eyes as she shot the dart. It hit the top of the net which dropped Rene to the ground. She landed in a pit of snow which cushioned her fall.
"Are you alright?" Nessi asked as she rushed towards her.
"Once I get into heat, I will." She replied.

Rene was rushed into the den and then into the living room "Sit in front of the fire and heat up!" Grafton ordered as he wrapped a tartan blanket around her. Hamish walked into the room and stopped when he spotted Rene "What happened?" He asked.
"That dickhead left her in the woods, in a net trap to freeze to death!" Nessi shouted as she pointed at Randall. He put his hands up in defence "Okay...she took it out of context. I left her there as a little joke after the dorm incident." He replied casually. Nessi shook her head in disgust "It wasn't fucking funny, was it dickhead?" then entered the kitchen. Hamish sighed "Dude...this is just getting out of hand." He explained calmly.
"I know, but she's determined to hate me!" Randall pointed out.
"I can hear you, ya know!" Rene shouted from the living room. Unexpectedly, Gabrielle burst into the den "The waitress!" She shouted. Everyone in the house bounced. Gabrielle walked straight up to Randall and slapped him. Randall's face was stuck in place "Excuse me?" He followed.
"You're messaging the waitress from the bar? Are you serious?" She exploded. Rene's eyes widened in shock.
"What? She's cute?" He defended. Hamish placed a hand on his forehead "Dude...you're digging yourself into a deeper hole." He pointed out. Rene unclipped her necklace and stood up. She walked out and grabbed Randall's hand "Maybe she'll like this." She simply put before walking up to her bedroom. Randall opened his hand, revealing the necklace. Gabrielle walked towards the stairs "Shame on you." She said before trotting up to Rene's bedroom.

Gabrielle closed the door and looked at Rene, who was laying on her stomach on the bed. one side of her face was squished against the pillow "He's a jerk! You don't need him." She pointed out.
"I know...it just blows to think we're actually finished for good this time." She replied. Gabrielle sat on her bed "I know just the person to cheer you up!" She mentioned as she pulled out her phone. Rene sat up and looked at Gabrielle.
"Hey, Tommy? Rene needs you as soon as possible...she's not in the best of moods." She stated. Rene's eyes widened "What're you doing?" She frantically questioned.
"See you soon!" She finalised. Gabrielle looked at Rene "Tommy is coming over to keep you company! I'm sure he'll love to see you after the whole...werewolf thing." She informed before trotting to the door "Tootaloo!".

Tommy knocked on the door to which Randall answered. Randall was gobsmacked to see him "Is Rene there? She seems to be upset..." He questioned. Gabrielle danced in from the basement "She's upstairs!" She directed. Randall moved out of the wat then looked at Gabrielle. He waited until Tommy was in her room.
"This was your doing, wasn't it?" He asked.
"Maybe? I'm sure you wouldn't mind since you've got that waitress?" She said with vigorous intent. Randall laughed as his blood began to boil "I'm single, but only until Rene found herself. Now she's back, but hates me...there's something wrong with her." He mentioned. Gabrielle stepped forward.
"Ever think there's something wrong with you?" She questioned, leaving him stumped. He watched as Gabrielle closed the door behind her. He began to wonder what he had done, guilt began to fill his thoughts.

"Hey!" Tommy said as he entered Rene's room. She curled her knees in "I didn't think you'd actually come." She admitted. Tommy laughed lightly and sat at her office chair "Well I am slightly terrified of you." He confessed.
"I should let you know that I do have my memories back, but anything that happened doesn't phase me," She told.
"I'm glad we're past that stage. Honestly, that whole hiring thing really was stupid." He laughed. Rene followed his laughter before stretching her legs out.

Randall sat outside in the cold with a hot chocolate that was held tightly against his hands. The waitress, Ruby, walked up the driveway "Randall!" She shouted. Randall smiled "Hey!" He hummed glumly.
"What's happened to the silly clown that couldn't stop laughing?" She joked. Ruby was gorgeous. She had long, golden locks, and caramel eyes and skin. She always knew what to wear.
"Just going through some stuff..." He stated as he dragged his finger through the snow. She sat down beside him and let out a sigh "If you wanna talk about it, I'm here..." She told. Randall looked at her and finally realised that whatever he and Rene had is over.
"Thank you...I'll take that deal over a coffee?" He invited. Ruby smiled "That would be fantastic!"

Rene started to cry "I'm a monster..." She confessed as she buried her face into her knees. Tommy placed his hand on top of hers "The Rene I remember was bright, beautiful, and never forgets to put someone in their place." He smirked as a grin appeared on her face "That's it!" he cheered on.
"Thanks, Tommy!" She beamed. Tommy nodded "It's only seven, wanna go get a coffee?" He asked. Rene smiled once more "I would love too!" She replied.

As Ruby and Randall walked through campus, talking and laughing, they didn't realise that Tommy and Rene were walking towards them. When they passed, Rene and Randall smiled thoughtfully at each other. Tommy gave her a slight nudge "You okay?" He asked. She looked up at him.
"Yeah...I think I am." She replied. Tommy smiled at her.
"Good.". Rene linked arms with him as they walked up.

"You okay?" Ruby asked as she sipped her coffee.
"Yeah...I think I am" He replied as she also linked arms with him.