2 - Flashes Of Memory

Vera called the four knights into her office the next morning "Have I not given you strict rules to stay away from each other?" She questioned. Jack sighed "You did..." He replied. Vera nodded "Well then...I suggest you listen for your own safety," She finalised. 
"Can you bring back Rene's memories?" Randall asked kindly. Vera shrugged "Unfortunately, she made her choice to leave," She informed. Jack furrowed "I have threatened to leave the order multiple times, and you never dusted me" He reminded. Vera sighed "Well you're an excellent member" She stated.
"And Rene wasn't?" Lilith asked. Vera sighed heavily "You're right...she was." She finally admitted. Jack waved his hand "See! Now how do we bring back her memories?" He asked. Vera leaned back on the chair "You do realise, she's a werewolf, her memories will come back eventually" She reminded. Hamish lightly laughed "I completely forgot about that!" He stated in relief. 

Rene woke up with a jolt. She dreamt of running through the woods and came across bodies. She placed her hand onto her chest and slowly took a breath out, but her breath was shakey. "What the fuck..." She muttered. She fiddled with her necklace and furrowed. She got up, walked to the mirror, and stared at the necklace. She couldn't remember how or where she got it. She studied the golden, small, engraved heart. She smiled "It's pretty," She thought. She got dressed and pulled out a boys black hoodie. She smelt it, and it smelt of boys cologne. She furrowed when she remembered the smell, but couldn't figure out where she's smelt it before. 

She walked into her classroom and felt uneasy. She sat at the back and continued with her essay. Her eyes drifted to the door, then suddenly colours got brighter. Jack stood at the door, waving her to come out. She furrowed and raised her hand "Can I go to the bathroom?" She asked. The teacher nodded, and Rene ran to the door. She opened it, but Jack was nowhere to be seen. 
"Do you think she's remembering?" Hamish asked as he, Lilith, Randall and Jack watched over her. 
Rene rubbed her arms, then continued down towards the main doors. They moved behind the wall so Rene wouldn't notice them. 

Rene walked through the trees to get some fresh air, as she admired the views. Without realising, she had made her way towards the den. She stopped as she approached the gates "I know this place..." She muttered to herself. She walked towards the porch, then stopped when the door opened. She hid behind the stairs and watched as Hamish walked down the path. She furrowed "These guys..." She whispered. 

She entered the house quietly. Unexpectedly, she got a flash of memory of Gabrielle landing on the floor beside her. She jumped then Gabrielle vanished. Rene carefully walked up the stairs and spotted a door, which was open ajar. She opened it fully and spotted an empty bedroom. She walked in further and felt the energy. It's as if she belonged there. Another vision appeared; it was her lying on the bed and working. 
"Hello?" Randall asked from the door frame. Rene turned around in shock "I am so sorry! I just...I was just..."
"Don't worry! I'm not gonna throw you over the bannister for entering." He joked. Rene laughed "I don't know how to explain, but I've been here before." She informed. Randall nodded "We know." He responded. Rene shook her head "I'm sorry?" She asked. Randall laughed lightly "You forgot your memory...we can help you get it back." He informed. "That'll be great," She told. She walked passed him and smelt the same smell from the jumper. She furrowed but walked down the stairs. 
"I have to go back to my dorm." She stated. Randall nodded "You're welcome here anytime. Don't be a stranger." He informed. She smiled and walked down the path. 

When she got to her room, she rummaged through her drawer. She pulled out the jumper. She smelt it one last time and knew instantly it was Randall's. She was confused to how it ended up in her drawer. She decided she would go memory hunting by walking around campus. When she left her dorm, she felt a sense of worry. She turned around to face Vera "Watch where you're going!" She scowled. Rene stuttered for words, but something came to her head "You have magic..." She blurted. Unexpectedly, a young boy took Vera's place "Huh?" He asked. Rene shook her head "I'm sorry...I thought you were someone else." She mumbled. They nodded and preceded to go on with his day. Rene watched as the boy second glanced her as he walked. She walked down the hall and ran into a group of men, all wearing cargo trousers and black tops. Rene paused "It's a memory." She coached herself. One of them laughed "No...sadly it's not." He confirmed. As Rene backed off into the wall, a huge beast tackled all of them. She let out a scream and ran to the back of the building. She was suddenly pulled into a gap in the wall. A hand went over her mouth to prevent her from making any noise. Hamish arrived around the corner "Get her out of here!" He ordered. When Rene looked at who held her, she furrowed to find Randall "What's going on?" She asked. Randall shook his head "No time to explain! We have to go!" He ordered. He took a holt of her hand and pulled her into the trees.