3 - You Have to Remember

Randall and Rene trotted under branches and over logs. She finally pulled her hand back "What's going on?!" She asked. Randall shrugged "We don't know! You just have to trust me!" He insisted. Rene laughed "Trust you? I don't know you!" She reminded. Randall laughed and approached her "You will trust me, and you know it." He pointed out. Rene paused "How?" She asked confused. Randall grinned and turned around. Rene stepped forward "What are you not telling me?" She asked. 

Randall turned around "You're a werewolf...like me." He informed. Rene paused "That...thing that attacked those men...that was you?" She asked.
"No, that was Jack. We are all werewolves, me, Jack, Lilith, Hamish, you, and Grafton, but Grafton isn't here. He's kind of an asshole" He filled in. Rene shook her head in denial "I think I'd know if I was a werewolf." She laughed. 
"One of your powers is magic. Our hides are connected...Minor things you feel outside and inside...I feel." He informed. Rene shook her head "This is...nuts!" She replied. Randall walked up to her and grabbed her hand gently "I can prove it. He informed as his tone softened. He pulled out a knife, but Rene panicked and pulled her hand back "What're you doing?" She asked frantically.
"Trust him..." Jack mentioned as him, Lilith and Hamish approached. Rene sighed deeply "Fine..." She agreed. She gave him her hand and closed her eyes. He carved into her hand, and the same cut opened on Randall's hand. Randall smiled "I told you..." He softly spoke. 
Rene didn't know what to think. 

They all sat in the den, facing Rene in silence "So...I'm a werewolf?" She asked. Jack sighed "Yes...for the fourth time..." He repeated, tired of her asking. Lilith leaned into the group, still looking at Rene "Why is she more shocked this time around than she was last?" She asked. Hamish furrowed and nodded "Yeah...you're right..." He replied. 
"How can I remember?" She asked. Randall jumped to attention, with his finger in the air "We can take you to places that you've been before!" He suggested. Lilith pointed "That's actually a good idea." She agreed.
Hamish looked back towards the basement door "And I think I know where to start..." He muttered. 

Everyone watched as Rene stood in the middle of the basement "What am I looking for?" She asked. Lilith folded her arms "Whatever jogs your memory." She replied. Rene looked around before slapping her arms to her side "I don't know where to start!" She laughed nervously "There's so much stuff".
"Try the bookcase" Hamish hinted. Rene walked towards the bookcase and glided her hand across. A flash of memory came back, it was a book. She sensed and saw the wickedness from the book of realms "I remember..." She muttered. 
"Remember what?" Jack asked.
"Getting sucked into the book...and being helped out by Randall, then it went fuzzy, then I was in front of Hamish...talking." She informed. Lilith leaned back "It went fuzzy at the part Randall embraced her." She whispered to the group. Rene stubbed her foot into Alpha's hide locker. She paused as she stared down at it. She lifted the lid to find it empty. She studied the lining of the box, how the gold outlined the box and the dark wood had scratches all over it "Alpha..." Rene whispered happily. She jumped up "I remember Alpha!" She reminded. 
"This is great and all, but do you remember us?" Jack asked. Rene looked at Hamish before smiling "I remember Hamish...I remember when I escaped, he told me he saw me as a little sister!" She informed. Hamish pushed passed and hugged her "I'm so happy you remember." He whispered. 
"I can't quite remember you guys though," She told. Lilith nodded and clapped her hands "Then...we will make you remember." She finalised. 

The next day, it was Jack's turn to make her remember him. He took her out of town and drove to his pa's house. When they got out, she stared at the house "Where are we?" She asked. Jack preceded to walked inside "Come on in!" He insisted. She walked inside and straight into the kitchen to find the fixed Necrophone. She looked at it and studied it. She placed her hand on it, and the flashback happened. Her, sitting and repairing it. She turned to Jack "After I and Randall fought. You took me here to be safe!" She remembered. Jack nodded "Yes!" He replied. Rene sat down after coming to a realisation.
"Randall is mentioned in every one of my memories...why can't I remember him?" She asked. Jack furrowed "What do you mean?" He asked.
"Randall is mentioned every time! But I can't think of a single memory with him personally. It's like he's there, but never introduced himself." She replied. Jack leaned back "That's gonna be a problem..." He replied. 

Rene had the next day to rest. She walked into the den and began to search every corner. She remembered the house and room, but as soon as she entered Randall's room, she couldn't remember anything. Rene looked around his room "What's going on..." She muttered to herself. Hamish knocked on the door "You okay?" He asked. Rene turned around "Did I ever talk to Randall?" She asked. Hamish furrowed "Of course...you two were together." He informed.
"I can't remember him...you and Jack were easy to remember. I'm not too sure about Lilith, but every memory I had, Randall was there! But I can't seem to know why." She told. She slumped down on his bed, and Hamish followed. He sighed "You just need to be around him more." He suggested. Rene nodded "Maybe...I hope I can find whatever we had." She finalised. 

Rene wondered the campus and spotted Randall sitting under a tree reading a comic book. She approached him "Hi!" She said nervously. Randall looked up, closed his comic book and smiled "Hey!" he replied, his eyes twinkled at the sight of her. She pointed towards a spot in the grass "Mind if I sit?" She asked. Randall laughed "Of course" He insisted. Rene laughed lightly and sat down. Randall leaned forward "What's wrong?" He asked. She gulped and looked at him "We're we together?" She asked. Randall nodded sadly as he placed his arm on his knee. Rene shook her head "I can't seem to remember you, I have memories with you in them but never of you." She informed. Randall leaned back against the tree, upset. Rene looked down "I don't know what to do..." She informed. Randall looked up from his lap and placed his hand on hers "We can find a way." He informed. Rene nodded "I hope so." She replied. There was a silence before he spoke again "You have to remember".