17 - Back Together

Randall stepped out of his car and ran into the den "Is Rene back yet?" He shouted. Lilith furrowed "She messaged me she was coming back at around seven...why?" She replied as she looked up from her laptop. Everyone appeared and stared at him as he seemed out of breath. Randall showed them the necklace to which Jack stood up "Did you not give that to Ruby?" he asked.
"I realised that I'm not over Rene!" He revealed. Grafton placed his hands on his cheeks and gasped sarcastically. Nessi giggled "Woah! So the two people that are destined to be together, still have feelings for each other? Who could have known? Like everyone ever!" She replied.
"The point is, I need to get to her before Tommy makes a move and I lose her!" He informed.

Later that night, Rene was driving home. She stopped in at Tommy's dorm room"Deep breaths..." She told herself before walking to the door. She knocked three times, and he answered. He opened his door a small crack "Rene!" He shouted in shock. Rene knew instantly what was going on "This might be easier than I thought..." She muttered.
"Who is it, Tommy?" A female voice echoed from inside of the room. Rene pushed the door opened wider, which revealed a half-naked girl in his bed. She laughed "I think we should cut off whatever we have. I'm not over Randall, but I can clearly see that you're busy!" She muttered. The girl furrowed "You told me you were single!" She shouted. Tommy closed his eyes and sighed. Rene ripped off the necklace and threw it to the floor "I hope you have a great life!" She finalised and walked out of the dorm with a huge smile on her face.
"You're an ass!" The girl muttered as she got into her clothes.

Rene pulled into the driveway at seven-thirty. She spotted someone sitting on the porch on their phone. She stepped out and squinted then she noticed it was Randall. She closed the door which alerted him. He placed his phone inside his coat and stood up "What are you doing out here?" She shouted. They got closer but stopped when they were a metre apart.
"Listen, I need to talk to you..." He honestly put. Rene put her hands in her pockets.
"I still have feelings for you, and I'm beginning to think they never went away. I broke off with Ruby because...she isn't you." He said honestly. He pulled out the necklace, and her eyes drifted to it. A small grin appeared on her face "I've been meaning to tell you the same thing." She whispered before they rushed towards each other. Their lips collided, and the sparks reignited. Randall rushed his hands through her hair, refamiliarising himself with the feeling. Her hands glided under his coat and towards his back. A single tear dropped from his eye onto her cheek. She flinched and looked up "Are you crying?" She asked. Randall wiped his eyes "No..." He denied through a laugh. Rene laughed and kissed him sweetly once again.

Everyone inside the house was watching from the window "Alright...when's the next breakup?" Grafton questioned. Everyone laughed and pulled away from the window.

Randall gently turned her around and placed the necklace around her neck. She placed her hand over it and turned towards him "I love you." He muttered as he entwined his fingers with hers.
"I love you too." She hummed sweetly before they walked back into the house.

"Places everyone!" Nessi whisper shouted. Everyone rushed to what they were doing. The two entered the house and sauntered into the living room. Everyone was acting strangely. Jack was holding a book upsidedown, Nessi was brushing Lilith's hair, Lilith smacked her hand away and continued typing her essay, Grafton whistled as his eyes drifted around the room, Hamish was leaning against the bar.
"You do realise I could see you all in the window?" Rene pointed out. Nessi scratched the back of her head "What?" She dragged in a high pitched tone.
"Anyways!... I thought you were staying at your mom's?" Hamish questioned as he sat down beside Jack.
"I was gonna, but I had an epiphany, and I had to come back." She informed as she nudged herself closer into Randall. Lilith looked at Randall "I haven't seen him this happy since he got a batman lunchbox last Christmas.". Randall laughed sarcastically "You're just full of jokes today!" He replied. Lilith mocked his laugh before looking back down at her laptop.
Rene put her hands back into her pockets "I also made him cry" She finalised before going up to her room. Randall turned around and walked to the bottom of the stairs "I didn't cry! I had something in my eye!" He claimed.
"Sure you did! Like that time you had something in your eye when I disappeared." Lilith pointed out.
"Or like the time Rene broke up with him the first time!" Hamish added. Randall shook his head "Okay, I get it!" He exclaimed, "I'm just emotional, unlike all of you emotionless fuckers" He defended. Lilith smirked and continued typing.
"I feel emotions!" Nessi added as she leaned forward "Anger.". Everyone slowly looked at her. She felt the stares and looked around "What?".

Randall walked into Rene's room. She was lying down on her stomach on her phone. He jumped in beside her and peered at her phone "Whatcha looking at?" He asked.
"Just scrolling through Instagram." She informed as she scrolled through the app, liking various pictures. She pulled open her camera roll and flipped the phone. Randall pulled a funny face as did Rene. They snapped the photo and laughed together "That's totally going up." She informed as she reopened Instagram. After she posted the photo, she noticed that Gabrielle added her to a friends-only story. She opened it, which showed a black screen at first.
"It might be a video, turn it up," Randall suggested. She turned up the volume and they both waited in suspense. Unexpectedly, a heart-wrenching screen blasted through the speakers. Both Randall and Rene leaned back in shock "What was that?" He asked. Rene flicked to the next story and spotted Steven "Hello Instagram!" He shouted. Randall and Rene looked at each other.
"I have found the hermetic order of the blue roses hideout." He informed. He then panned the camera around which showed everyone who was inside at the time, tied up to chairs with mouth gags on.
"Holy shit..." Randall muttered. Rene locked her phone and glanced at Randall. They both rushed to the door and into the living room "We have to go...like now!" Randall alerted.
"Why? What's happened now?" Nessi asked as her mouth was full of food.
"Steven's found the temple," Rene informed.
"You're joking?" Jack replied as he hoped it was lies. Rene shook her head "Wish I was..." She replied.
"Well, what are we waiting for?" Grafton questioned as he walked through Rene and Randall, pushing them aside.

They all stood outside "Okay...what's the plan?" Lilith asked.
"I say we all just go in, bombard the lot," Nessi suggested. Randall disagreed.
"That's a recipe for disaster." He pointed out. Nessi tutted then folded her arms.
"Half of us go in, half of us stay behind in case anyone enters," Jack ordered. Everyone nodded.

Randall, Jack, Hamish entered the temple "Shall we split up?" Hamish asked.
"No! That's how people die in horror movies," Randall informed. Hamish furrowed "Okay, then what do we do?" He asked.
"We just rush in and fight as many as we can," Randall replied as he pushed open the door. They came across two armed men, who were struck down by Hamish. Selena Durov was leant against the wall. Her eyes glided towards the door to Vera's office. Randall rushed up to her and quickly untied her "They're in there. They attacked us when we were least expecting it." She informed in a hushed tone. Randall helped her up and she rushed out.

"We should go in..." Rene informed as she made her way towards the stairs. Lilith grabbed her arm "They told us to stay out here." She reminded. Rene snapped around and raised her eyebrows "Since when did you follow the rules?" She replied. Lilith waited for a moment "You've got a point".
"Well, if you two are going in...then so are we," Nessi informed. Grafton snapped up and looked at Nessi "Hold on a minute. I didn't say that I would..." But before he could finish, Nessi hit him in the arm.
"Alright...we'll go in." He finalised.