4 - Harsh words

"She's not remembering!" Randall ranted to the other knights. Lilith rolled her eyes "I'm heading with her tomorrow to re-track our friendship...you can come along with us?" She offered. Randall nodded "I guess so." He agreed. Jack tapped him on the back "Don't worry dude. She'll remember" He reassured. 

Rene walked out of the coffee shop and bumped into a boy "Oh god, I'm so sorry!" She stated. The man laughed "No don't worry, it was my fault" He insisted. When she looked at him, the boy backed off in terror "Rene..." He stuttered. 
"You know who I am?" She asked. The boy nodded "You don't remember me?" He asked. Rene shook her head "I'm Tommy, my father insisted on hunting you guys...I didn't want anything to do with it." He begged. 
"That thing! My memory was wiped with the whole werewolf stuff" She informed. Tommy sighed in relief "That's good to hear...not about you losing your memories! But at least I know I could ask for forgiveness." He pleaded. Rene smiled and nodded "I probably would've fought you If I remembered what you did." She replied with a light laugh.
"If you remember? Don't kill me." He begged. They both laughed together "Okay...I'll try." She replied. Tommy looked at his wrist "I've gotta go, I'm late for class, but we'll have a catch-up!" He insisted. 

Rene walked into the house and spotted Lilith putting on her coat "You ready to go?" Lilith asked. Rene nodded "Yeah, following you." She nervously stated. Randall came out from the living room "Mind if I join?" He asked. Rene looked at Lilith who nodded "Sure." She replied. 

Lilith, Randall and Rene walked the woods "Where're we going?" Rene asked. Lilith stopped "Here." She mentioned. Lilith turned to Rene "Okay...follow your instincts." She warned. Rene furrowed before being punched in the face. Randall staggered back in shock "Jesus Lilith!" He shouted. Rene wiped her nose "What was that for?!" Rene shouted. Lilith sighed "We had our training session here!" She reminded. Rene put up her fists and self consciously blocked her hit "Here we go." Lilith hummed in excitement. They began to fight properly. Rene, out of instinct, pushed herself off of a tree and floored Lilith. She had a flash of memory of the exact moment two months ago. Rene laughed, whilst she helped Lilith up "I remember! I pulled that exact move on you!" She reminded. Lilith laughed and hugged her. Randall stood nearby with his hands in his pockets "I'm glad." He stated sadly. Rene frowned "I'll keep trying to remember you." She mentioned with a reassuring smile. Randall nodded "Actually, follow me." He insisted.
"You two go on. I've got an exam to study for." Lilith mentioned before trotting back to the house. 

Rene and Randall walked through the hallway of her dorm "Why are we here?" Rene asked. Randall stood outside of her door "You gave me your first key, then lied about losing it on a night out to get a replacement." Randall reminded then opened the door. Rene laughed lightly "Sounds like a me move." She replied. Rene shut the door behind her as Randall sat slowly on her bed. Rene walked to the drawer and pulled out his jumper "Think this belongs to you..." She informed. Randall smiled "You remember?" He asked. She shook her head "No...when I passed you in the house, it smelt just like the jumper, so I just assumed." She informed. Randall grabbed the jumped and looked down at it "You really don't remember anything?" He asked as his eyebrows raised slightly, hoping to hear some good news. 
"I'm sorry...but no. I don't know what's stopping me?" She questioned herself, as she tried to remember any small detail about him. Randall's eyes drifted to the necklace around her neck "That necklace..." He pointed. Rene looked down "Yeah...what about it?" She replied.
"I got that to you on your birthday." He informed. Rene sat at her desk facing him "Thank you." She mentioned. Randall took a deep breath and stood up "I'm probably gonna regret this." He mentioned. Rene furrowed "What?" She questioned confusingly. He attached his lips to hers. Rene pushed him off of her in shock "What're you doing?!" She frantically asked. Randall's eyes widened "I thought that might've worked!" He defended.
"What? Like true loves kiss breaks the curse? Well, it didn't!" She mocked. His face dropped "I just thought you'd remember." He mentioned in an upset tone. He unattached the key from his keyring and placed it on the drawer "Probably won't need it, right?" He stated then walked to the door. Rene turned to him "Randall...I'm sorry." She apologised, but the door had closed. She fell onto her bed and stared at the ceiling "What have I done?" She whispered to herself. 

The next day, Rene joined the group at the table inside of the bar on campus "Hey." She greeted happily. Randall placed his hands on the table "I'm gonna be late for class." He mentioned as he avoided eye contact with Rene. Everyone looked at each other confused "He doesn't have class for another half an hour?" Hamish informed. Rene leaned back "He's avoiding me." She told. Everyone sighed "That's why he was off last night!" Jack pieced together. 
"What happened?" Lilith asked as she leaned on her hand.
"We went to my dorm, he kissed me, but I didn't remember, so we had this argument and he left, but it was my fault." She finalised. Lilith nodded "So you fix it." She insisted. Rene shook her head "How can I fix it if he won't even look at me?" She asked. 
"Alpha and Greybeard are connected. You can do this." Lilith mentioned.

Midday, Rene sat in the library to study for her upcoming test. She flicked through the pages, and as she read, she heard a commotion outside. She peeked outside of the window and spotted Randall fighting with Josh. Rene gulped then walked outside. She stepped between the two. "Hey! Cut it out!" She shouted. Josh fixed his hair with a hair flick. Randall wiped the blood from his lip "Piss of Josh...Randall? Can I talk to you?" She insisted. Rene grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the crowd "What's wrong with you? You do realise who that is?" She asked.
"Your ex, I know. Wouldn't be the first time I reached for him." he reminded. He went to walk away, but Rene pulled him back "I'm sorry okay? I was harsh." She apologised. He looked down "There's no point...you're not gonna remember me." He finalised, then walked off. Rene sighed as she watched him disappear around the corner.