18 - Under Attack

Rene pounced in with power. When they got to Vera's door "Don't let anything distract you..." Rene mentioned as she kicked open the door. She came face to face with the sound of guns being pointed at her. She spotted Vera, Randall, Hamish, Jack and Gabrielle tied town to chairs.
"Shit..." Nessi muttered.

Nessi was the last one to be tied down "Congratulations Adams. You were our only hope!" Vera spoke sarcastically. Rene slowly looked over "I'm so sorry, Vera. Is this an inconvenience for you? Are you missing your hair appointment?" She replied. Vera shot Rene a glare "I'd be careful what you say to me..." She reminded her of her power.
"Well if I wasn't tied down, I'd walk right out!" Rene mentioned. Randall rolled his eyes "Can you two stop for five minutes! We have more pressing matters!" He told as he looked towards Steven. Steven raised his hands "By all means...don't let me stop you. The more you all turn against each other, the easier it is for me!" He stated.
"Easier for what?" Jack asked.
"Killing all of you and achieving world domination." He informed. Nessi looked at Grafton before they both burst out laughing. Steven looked towards the two "What's so funny?" He questioned. Nessi pulled herself together "How will you achieve world domination by capturing..." She began to count down the line "...Ten of us?".
"I may only have ten, but six out of the ten are werewolves...and If I'm correct...that's the entire lot." He explained as he rested himself on top of a drawer.

Half an hour past and the group were getting tired, Gabrielle and Nessi were bickering at each other "Oh...I'm sorry little miss gorgeous." Nessi flung at Gabrielle.
"Go back to England you...British..." Gabrielle struggled for an insult.
"Today Junior!" Nessi shouted. Lilith's eyes widened in frustration "If you guys don't stop bickering...I will kill you both myself." She stated in a slow but frustrated manner. Steven was sitting back giggling as he watched the fight unfold. Grafton shook his head "You two are almost as annoying as Randall!" He stated. Randall leaned forward "Are we really going there?" He questioned as his voice got higher. Grafton leaned forward and stared at Randall "We really are..." He teased. Grafton was just trying to get a reaction out of Randall, which seemed to be working.
"You know Grafton, you can be a real jerk sometimes!" Jack shouted. Grafton's eyes widened "So you want in too now pretty boy?!" He yelled.
"Bring it on!" He shouted.
Hamish looked at Vera "You know...I've always admired your work." He admitted. She slowly looked at him "This is not the time for compliments now." She mentioned.
Lilith was now fighting with Nessi and Gabrielle, Hamish was pestering Vera, Grafton, Jack and Randall were at each other's throats. Rene watched as Steven was getting excited. She peered passed the two guards and spotted Alyssa. Rene nodded her head, which gave Alyssa the go-to to strike. She cut her hand and whispered a spell, which sent the two guards flying back. The room fell silent. Rene stood up and marched towards Steven. She knocked him out instantly, his body dropped to the floor with a thud.
"Alyssa!" Jack shouted. She rushed into the room "Is everyone okay?" She asked.

"What just happened?" Gabrielle asked. Rene turned around.
"All of your bickerings distracted him, I cut my bindings and struck" She informed as she untied everyone one by one. Everyone rubbed their wrists in relief.
"Good work Miss Adams, and Miss Drake." She appreciated. They all secured the temple, leaving only Steven inside.
"I feel like I'm experiencing major Deja Vu," Randall muttered as he watched Steven being tied down to a chair.
"You are all making a huge mistake," Steven said through a laugh.
"Haven't we heard that one before?" Hamish mentioned as he finished binding him to the chair. Everyone stood in front of him. Everything fell silent "What do we do now?" Nessi asked as she put her hands on her hips.
"We interrogate him," Vera answered. She walked up and placed her hands on the arms of the chair "What are you really up to?" She questioned, her voice deepened enough to make her seem more intimidating.
"I already told you...world domination." He reminded. Jack looked up from Steven at Alyssa "Give me a minute..." He muttered as he walked towards her. Rene watched as the two embraced. Randall and Rene tilted their heads "Are we like that?" She asked.
"Yes!" Nessi, Gabrielle and Lilith said in sync. Randall and Rene scrunched up their faces when the two kissed. They let out a disgusted groan as they turned out to avoid the awkwardness "Now you know how we feel!" Nessi informed as she folded her arms.
"It's clearly obvious that you and Grafton have a thing going on!" Rene defended. Nessi and Grafton looked at each other and laughed "Him! Oh no.".
"Yeah...no!" Grafton replied as his eyes drifted away rigidly.
"Guys!" Vera snapped. Everyone jumped and turned to the matter in hand.
"The big question is why?" Vera questioned again.
"A distraction..." Steven replied. Everyone quickly looked at each other "This was the distraction..." Rene jumped. Randall stepped forward "From what?!" He snapped. Steven began to laugh "Goodbye hide lockers..." He finalised with an evil laugh. Randall, Rene, Lilith and Hamish ran to the door "Jack!" Hamish shouted.
"Coming!" Jack replied.

The five ran to the house to find it up in flames "Holy shit..." Jack muttered. Rene legged it towards the porch "Rene!" Lilith shouted. Rene kicked open the door and ran into the basement. She pulled Lilith's first, Randall's, Jack's, Hamish, then Grafton's.
"Don't go back in!" Hamish warned as the house would fall any moment.
"I can't leave mine!" She replied. Lilith sighed and ran inside. Rene turned around "Leave before you get caught!" Rene shouted.
"If you're going down, then I'm coming with you!" She replied. The two ran back into the basement and hauled Alpha's locker outside. Rene paused for a moment and looked up towards her window "Hold on!" She shouted.
"Rene!" Randall shouted. She entered one last time. She darted up the burning staircase and into her bedroom. She grabbed the photo frame of the five of them, then her locket. She swiftly exited the room and towards the stairs, but as she was about to run down them, they collapsed to the floor. She staggered back and looked towards Randall's room.
The four outside saw the stairs collapsed "Get out of there!" Hamish roared as he stepped closer to the house. Grafton and Nessi finally arrived. Their pace slowed down and their mouths dropped.
"You smell that?" Grafton pointed out. Jack sniffed the air "Gas..." He replied. Rene opened Randall's window wrapped up in his duvet. The house had exploded, sending her out towards the driveway. She landed on the grass with a thud, the duvet cushioned her fall. She unwrapped herself and looked towards the house "What do we do now?..." Nessi asked.
"I have no idea..." Rene muttered as the heat of the flames warmed her up, and the colour glowed brightly.