8 - Memories

"What're you doing here?" Vera asked. Grafton scratched the back of his head "It's kinda our fault these guys are here..." He replied nervously. Nessi nodded "These guys have this technology we have never seen before, they knew about the order and the werewolves. The leader Steven is down in that bunker." She informed in her rich English accent. 
"Well, now they have Rene because of you two!" Randall replied harshly. Grafton and Nessi looked at each other then back towards the group "They're after information about Grafton and Vera. We have to stop them!" Nessi insisted. 
"Vera, Nessi, Grafton, you stay up here. We'll go and get Rene." Hamish ordered. 

Lilith, Jack, Hamish and Randall jumped down into the bunker. Guards instantly pointed their guns, but they were soon knocked out. They all heard the heartwrenching screams from Rene "Sweet Jesus." Lilith cursed worryingly. They all rushed down the corridor and fought off any guards that pursued them. They walked passed a glass-walled room with Rene sitting inside. 

Randall rushed into the room. He approached her and lifted her head gently "Hey! Let's get you out of here!" He whispered. Rene looked up at him teary-eyed as he removed the headpiece. Randall wrapped her left arm around his neck "I remember..." She muttered weakly. Randall stopped and looked at her "What?" He asked. Rene smiled hopelessly "I remember." She repeated as tears left her eyes. 
"Let's worry about getting you out of here first." he insisted as he pulled her out of the room. 

They pulled through the corridors and stepped over the bodies of the guards. As they rushed, they heard a cock of a gun from behind them. Hamish jumped in front of Randall "You think you're so smart?" Steven hissed as he slowly stepped closer. He didn't seem bothered by the number of bodies that lay at his feet. Unexpectedly, a fire extinguisher came into view and struck Steven in the back of the head, knocking him out and adding to the number of bodies.
"I thought I told you to stay outside!" Hamish scolded. Grafton dropped the fire extinguisher, which landed on the ground with a clang. 
"It's more fun down here than it is up there." He replied. He looked at Rene who gripped onto Randall "Great, we got her! Let's go!" He insisted. 

Jack opened the bunker lid and climbed out. He helped lift Rene out and he set her gently on the ground. Every one climbed out and examined the surroundings "We seem to be okay for now." Lilith mentioned. Rene slowly looked up at Vera and flipped her off "What was that for?!" She asked surprised. 
"For wiping my memories!" Rene replied. Randall approached Rene and lifted her bridal style "We have to get her back to the house." He informed. 

When they got back to the house, Randall carried Rene to her room. He placed her into the bed and pulled the covers over her. Lilith brought up a cloth and cold water in a bowl "There's medicine downstairs if she needs it." She informed softly. Randall nodded and brought his attention back to Rene. He gently grabbed her hand and held it. He used his other hand for the cloth. He cleaned her face from any dirt. Her eyes fluttered open, and she stared lovingly at him "Hey hero." She whispered. Randall laughed lightly "How're you feeling?" He asked. 
"Like shit." She replied honestly. They both laughed "So you remember?" Randall asked. Rene nodded "Every single moment." She replied through a smile. Randall's heart lifted and he leaned in and kissed her deeply. When they separated she squeezed his hand reassuringly "I love you." She said. Randall grinned "I love you too." He replied. Randall put down the cloth and lay beside her. She turned and rested herself into him. His head was on top of hers as they cuddled. He began to play with her hair as she slowly drifted off. 

Randall left her to sleep and made his way downstairs. Nessi and Grafton stood alert by the windows "Seems clear." Nessi informed as she walked towards the middle of the room.
"So!" Grafton exclaimed, "What have we missed?".
"Well, Rene lost her memories and was being hunted by this organisation," Randall informed as he entered the room. Grafton nodded slightly as he pulled a face. 
"The front of the bar by the highway blew up," Lilith followed. Grafton leaned forward. 
"I should probably go and talk to her..." Vera mentioned in guilt. Randall shook his head "She's asleep. Wait for her to wake up.". Vera nodded and sat back down. Gabrielle stormed into the house "We have a problem..." She said frantically. She came to a halt when she spotted Vera "Grand magus...".
"What seems to be the problem?" Vera asked as she stood up. Gabrielle caught her breath "People had stormed the temple looking for you." Gabrielle informed. Vera's face dropped, she nodded "Right. I'll go down there now and make sure everyone's okay." She finalised. 

Gabrielle looked at everyone who stared at her "What?. 
"Where have you been?" Lilith asked as she folded her arms. Gabrielle leaned back with a shocked look on her face "Oh, so you now want me around?!" She stated. 
"We never said that we didn't want you around!" Jack replied. Hamish furrowed "Rene did." 
"Not the point!" Jack corrected.
"Every since Rene swooped in and took Randall, you've all been acting strange!". Everyone looked at each other.
"It's that, or, correct me if I'm wrong, midnight turned into a bitch and tried to kill Rene, but we'll stick to the first one." Randall reminded as he smiled sarcastically. Gabrielle rolled her eyes, pushed passed Randall and Lilith, then spotted Grafton. She stopped in her tracks, and her eyes widened. Grafton smiled "Hi!".
"Keep him away from me!" She shouted as she hid behind Randall. Arguing then arose which echoed throughout the house.

Rene's eyes pierced open as the arguing woke her up. She slowly pushed herself out of her bed and made her way towards her door. She leaned over the bannister and stared at everyone arguing with each other. She sighed and waited for the right moment. Gabrielle ended up pouncing towards Grafton, who hit her to the wall. Rene perked up "Oi!" She shouted. Everything fell silent, and they looked up at Rene. Gabrielle pushed herself up off of the floor "I'm fine, grandma!" She shouted.
"You should be resting!" Hamish told her off. 
"Well, I can't do that if you are all arguing now, can I?" She pointed out as she made her way downstairs. Randall sighed "Sorry, we just had an unexpecting visitor.". She got to the living room and looked at Gabrielle, who stumbled to her feet in a daze. Lilith threw her arm over her shoulder "I'll take this one to her dorm." She informed as she hobbled out of the house. Rene sniggered as Gabrielle struggled to walk even with the help of Lilith. 
"How much do you remember?" Jack asked.
"Everything!" She cheerfully said as she made her way towards the sofa.
"Ya bitch is back!" She called as she kicked her feet up.