40

Warm Reception

The big man's eyes widened as he stilled. She'd been all kinds of jittery beneath the bounce, but he'd figured she was going to ask him to do some strange sort of date with him-or help host a library event again. The first time had been an unmitigated disaster. Though stunned, somewhere in the back of his mind, it occurred to him that she was still there, waiting on his answer. Dalia's discomfort spurred him into doing something. Anything. His mouth worked, though he could not find the words, so he stood. Balroy circled the small table in a few strides, bent and gathered Dalia in an odd, but close embrace from the side. His voice rumbled over her hair. "We. We are pregnant."

His reaction was still. Silent. It sent a zing of fright in to her gut and Dalia's eyes widened just a touch as well. She felt a stinging at her eyes as the fears that had been lingering beneath began to rise forth. And then he was up and hugging her and Dalia gripped the man so tightly in turn, choking out a nervous laugh full of tears. "I-I'm sorry, I-" Her little body trembled against his. "I'm so glad you didn't leave me haha." She sniffed and wiped her eyes. "I mean I would have been f-fine on my own, but-" She swallowed and looked up at the man. "A-are you really okay with this?" she whispered.

Balroy slowly eased to kneel on the floor so he could hug her more fully. His embrace engulfed the woman warmly. "You're not doing this alone. Nothing could keep me away from you," he said firmly. A wide hand rubbed over her back in comfort, as though she were made of glass. "I'm sorry you were frightened, but have a little faith in me." He pulled back and drew a thumb over her cheek to banish a tear. His heart was pounding on the inside. A baby. They were going to bring a child into the world. Balroy smiled. "Who would help you waddle around the apartment otherwise?"

Dalia laughed an awkward, watery laugh and hugged his neck. "Oh god, I might just have you carry me everywhere when I'm the size of a whale." Dalia stood straight and wiped her eyes. "Goodness, I'm not even at the point of all the hormones and I'm already a sopping mess," she said with a giggle, trying to wipe up all the silly tears. The woman sniffed and smiled brightly down at her man. "Thank you."

Balroy's lips quirked in a devilish smile. "Do not thank me just yet." In a fluid rise, he scooped up his woman into his arms. "I have more spoiling to do yet." Leaving the lavish dinner behind, Balroy marched them back into the bedroom, his lips on hers all the way.

Dalia saw that familiar look in her boyfriend's eye and opened her mouth to speak only to yelp out a, "Whoa-Balroy I-" Her sounds halted at his kiss. She giggled lightly and wrapped her arms loosely around his neck as her lips began working to return the heat he so easily sparked within her.

Balroy's lips didn't part from Dalia's until they were standing before his rumpled bed. While oft times, a romp was precluded with a playful drop onto the bed, this time the bouncer sank his knee onto the mattress gingerly. Leaning forward, he lay his princess down with care onto her back and resumed kisses over her throat. The bed creaked as he shifted his weight to kiss a hungry trail downward. The thought that it had even occurred to the spunky girl that he'd leave her over this twisted in his gut. Balroy would be damned if he didn't banish every last trace of the possibility in her mind here and now. His wide hand pushed up the hem of her shirt until cute lace peeked up at him and he resumed his lavish touches beneath her ribs. Her stomach warmed his lips in the cool of the room as mouth and tongue drifted over the most delicate peach fuzz.

The new mother to be was expecting their normal romp, heated kisses, hungry hands, and solid muscle rolling ever so deliciously beneath that gorgeous bronze skin as he railed away into her. But this was slow. Different. Dalia gave a hum of delight, goosebumps raising on her skin as he so delicately tasted her ivory skin. Her hands immediately delved into his hair, grasping light handfuls of that mane she loved oh so much. "Balroy?" came her soft voice, the sound filled with sweet desire. Blue eyes of ice peered down at him adoringly.