32

Kitchen Shenanigans

His kitchen was severely lacking, but enough for one bachelor with one guest to make the simplest of dishes. One frying pan. One pot. One stirring spoon. One big plastic bowl. One spatula. One pair of tongs. And varying numbers from 1-3 of utensils, cups, plates and bowls. Balroy had been known to puncture the bottom of a cereal bag, rinse it out and use it as an emergency strainer.

When she saw what supplies Balroy had, Dalia was aghast. How could he have so little?! She would definitely be taking him to the store soon. The little woman went about setting up breakfast. She was able to scrape up some eggs, steak, and bacon. The woman sighed. "Good gravy. I am going to take that hunk of yum to the store very soon," she said to herself as she placed a frying pan on the stove.

Dalia set her phone out and turned on some music. She bounced and danced about as she worked on breakfast. When one of her favorite cutsie songs came on, she perked and gasped softly. Dalia sang along to this one, dancing with a little more energy. She yipped when the bacon popped and spattered her arm, but continued dancing anyways.

Balroy snorted as he listened in the midst of his doze. She was too cute. His eyes were closed and still he could imagine her bouncing around like the energizer bunny. The man's reverie was broken at her yip of pain. He rolled out of bed. Dalia's continued dancing alleviated his worst fears, but he still had to investigate. A pair of clean boxers later-couldn't let his trunk get burned-he strode out. "Doll. You alright?" he asked as the mammoth of a man bent to examine her. He got a floof of hair in his mouth for his trouble. "Pthfth-"

Dalia giggled and brushed her hand over her hair to pull it from his mouth. "I'm okay silly. You can't wait for breakfast?" she teased. Dalia moved to the stove and flipped the bacon, then turned to her boyfriend. "You're handsome." She grinned merrily. "Now are you gonna stand there and watch or are you going to get those plates down for me?" Dalia asked with a playful smile. "Also, we still have some soda left over from last night unless you'd like a beer."

"Breakfast of champions," the giant rumbled as he went to get a plate-only to find he only had one. Balroy frowned and looked around the little kitchen. Not in the sink. Not on the counter. "Hm." He pulled out a bowl as well and placed them side by side. "I do not know where-ah." He went back into his room. The giant began to wash the wayward plate. "Laundry basket."

"Oh Balroy, goodness. I'm going to have to come over here a lot more often to clean this place up." Dalia poked his arm. "We're going to the store on your next day off. I don't care if I have to buy, we're getting you more kitchenware and definitely more house supplies. You're not a bachelor anymore, mister." She giggled. "Although I think it's cute that you're such a manly man." Dalia hugged her boyfriend from the side, then went to pull the bacon from the pan. "Alright, next up is the eggs and I'll be done. How do you like your eggs?"

"Scrambled. You are not buying me kitchenware," the bouncer said firmly. He kissed the back of her head and moved back to let her work. "Though I do not mind if I find you here a lot more often," he said with a growing smirk. The large man leaned back on the opposite counter. As soon as she put that hot pan down...

Dalia shook her head as she placed the last bits of bacon onto the plate. "Well whatever it takes, you're getting more supplies. I am going to feed you whether you like it or not, and that means having dishes." She set the pan on the stove and moved to the fridge, opening it to search for the eggs. "Let's see, you've got...well, that should be enough." Dalia placed the carton of eggs on to the counter and rubbed the back of her calf with her other foot. "If only we had cheese."