36

Anticipation

The pair of women made breakfast and goofed off in the kitchen before it was really time to get ready. "It's so nice we work at the same place," Dalia said we she got into Lilith's car and strapped in. "Saves time when you sleep over. Or vice versa. Next time it should be your place. And we can't go so long until we hang out again. Wanna hang out next week? Doesn't have to be a sleepover. Oh! We could do that double date!"

"Double date it is-once Megan gets back. Sounds like she was in a really rough neighborhood. Or something." The nurse frowned down at her steering wheel and went into gear. "I worry about the girl. Can't say no to anything. She's sweet. And she really cares about her students. Not just her students, all the kids there. Megan has a heart the size of Texas."

Dalia rubbed her friend's arm reassuringly. "You really did a good job in picking her."

Lilith gave a sound of amusement. "More like she couldn't say no to me either. And I....decided not to sleep with anyone else. I guess that's how it works, isn't it?"

Dalia aimed a small frown at her friend. "Is that really how you started your relationship? Lilly, goodness." She chuckled and shook her head. "I am so blind to what's in front of me, I totally thought Balroy wasn't into me for like a whole month before I went to that club with the girls." She shook her head. "I wonder how things would have turned out had Opal not intervened."

"You do not get to judge me, Batgirl," Lilith tutted. "You are sweet, but yes, very naive. You could have been getting truckloads of dick, but you're just too wholesome. That man was probably staring you down like a dog to a piece of steak that entire time and you were busy having flowers and butterflies dancing in your head." She reached over and ruffled Dalia's hair gently without looking away from the road. "Let me guess. You didn't notice until he was hanging around "casually" shirtless or he had to tell you directly?"

Dalia's face reddened. "N-no. He didn't go shirtless until we were a couple, but we were waiting to have sex, and I was apparently teasing him a lot without realizing it. So he got me back. No, what happened was Opal asked me a bunch of...questions in the club right in front of him. I was a deer in headlights. I ran away to the bathroom, but went up to him later to apologize and he asked me how I really felt. Then he kissed me." She smiled fondly at the steamy memory. "It was a good kiss. And the next day I went over to his apartment to talk cause I was confused. And then we were dating. He's been very patient with me. I appreciate that a lot."

Opal. That skank. But it sounded like Dalia got the push she needed. "Well. It sounds like you found someone nice. Good. Now I don't have to ruin a nail file by putting it in his eye."

The teacher's assistant gasped, looking at Lilith aghast. "Lilith! Don't you ever do that ever!" She huffed. "I can't even begin to think about what might happen if someone hurt my Boogie-Bear. I...well I might just get physical."

Lilith's lips pressed together as she tried not to laugh. "Honey, I wouldn't really." Probably. "I'm much too pretty to go to jail. Do you know what they'd do to me in there? Either make me queen at the top or-something else at the bottom. That being said, if he hurts you, I am not holding back."

Dalia laughed softly, a warm smile touching her lips. "It's really good to know you have my back, Lilly. Even though I'm sure he could take on, like, five of you. I imagine, had you said that to him, he would take you seriously. Balroy is...very intense sometimes." She chuckled and looked to her friend. "You're the best, Lil. I don't know what I would do without you."

Lilith smiled warmly, taking a moment to flash it at Dalia. "Likewise, Bestie."

---

The day went on like normal, Dalia heading to class and Lilith going to the nurse's office. When it was time for lunch, Dalia eagerly sent a message to her boyfriend, knowing this was around the time he normally woke up.

Good morning, handsome, I hope you slept well ❤️

Didn't sleep too much, actually. Guess why.

Balroy deleted the message and sent instead,

Got a little sleep. How's your day been, you minx?

The woman giggled as she walked towards the cafeteria.

My day has been okay. I've been distracted, really. I can't wait to see you ;) don't worry, I have a feeling you'll get plenty of sleep tonight 😘

Dalia squeaked excitedly and trotted to the cafeteria where she sat with Lilith. "So have you heard anything from Megan?"

Lilith looked smug as she took a sip of her drink. "She's coming home soon and wants to have dinner at her house tomorrow." By her expression, it was clear she thought she was getting all the "missing you snuggles" coming her way.

Dalia beamed. "Hey that's great! You'll finally be able to get those cuddles." She laughed softly and began to eat her lunch. "I'm so excited for tonight," she said around her bite of pizza. "I have it all planned out. When Balroy gets home, he's gonna bust a seam." She giggled.

"Pff, I bet he will. Better be ready for it, Cutie," Lilith chuckled. Her mood was skyrocketing after her girlfriend's invitation.

---

AN: I apologize if the texting with Lilith and her girlfriend Megan are confusing, this was happening simultaneously between two different stories haha ^^; I'm not sure if ElderLuluFire and I will post that one for a while due to it's massive size and collaboration, but I can post a bit about who Megan is and what she means to the storyline in my other story group, Imagination's Creations. Hopefully that can give you a better grasp of what's happening here :) thank you so much for reading and liking and commenting! We love all of you and appreciate your love of Bouncer and Librarian! If you would like to know more about Dalia and Balroy's original story arc-since this is a side version-please let me know and I can share a picture of what the original characters look like ^^ much love,
GoofySiren❤️