33

Gamer Chick

The two of them fell into a tight schedule, but each made the effort to see the other, even if it was for only a few minutes. One day, two weeks later, Dalia was lucky enough to get a snow day. Balroy had just gotten off of work and was tearing up the battlefield on his shooting game with his headphones on when she arrived. The big man was already stripped down in the warm little home with freshly clean hair slicked back beneath the headphones band and a towel around his waist.

"Two in the broken green building.........car coming in.....ah-shit-got 'em." He seemed to tread a curious line of relaxed and irritated as the sounds of rapid clicking emitted from his controller. "No, I can't make the event Friday. Going to see my girlfriend..........Yeah, I have a girlfriend, you ugly little jerk sock.......Oh yeah? Uh huh. Well just because you can't close the deal-"

An explosion ripped onscreen and he cursed aloud. When his team killed the offender, the giant snorted. "She's the hottest woman on this planet wrapped around this huge, gigantic heart. Way too forgiving. And she cooks.........I know. Women like her are extinct in most-No she is not one of your goddamn weaboo fantasies. She's a real person." He rolled his eyes as his character crept up the next target on screen. "I am not whipped just because I'd rather have her tongue in my ear than your whining. I'm pretty sure that's normal........Fuck no you don't get to meet her. With your clammy jerk off hands. Get outta here."

The giant scoffed as the winning kill was made. "Buncha fuckin virgins-" He went to take the headphones off as he turned to get up and prepare for her to arrive when he looked up into Dalia's eyes. "Uh."

Dalia was looking very amused where she stood. She was bundled up tight in winter clothes, with a few grocery bags in hand. The woman dropped the bags, unraveled her scarf from her neck, and walked over to sit on the man's lap. Dalia took his headset, put it on, and said sweetly, "Hello mister Clammy Jerkoff Hands, are you harassing my boyfriend?"

A male voice answered on the other side, sounding both pleased and pleasantly mocking at the same time. "Ho, Roy! That's a nice modulator y' got there. What's that by-VoiceTap30?" Another younger voice chimed in, "Nah, they haven't put out anything decent in like a year. Hey-are you his sister?" Yet another blurted, "Are you hot?"

Balroy, unable to hear what the guys were saying, looked disconcerted and ready to snatch the headphones away. These were not the group of friends he'd've introduced to his girlfriend ever. What are those scuzzballs saying?

"No, I am not his sister, and yes I am hot." Dalia chuckled and kissed her boyfriend's cheek. "I just happened to be bringing supplies for dinner to Ballybear's apartment when I heard him talking about me. So I figured I would make an appearance." Dalia nestled in to get comfy on the man's lap. "Now why do you think my hunky piece of mancandy can't get a girl? Is it because you're reflecting your own issues on to others? You know that's not healthy."

The first male voice broke into laughter. "Yooooo Roy-knock it off! Calling yourself man candy! You fuckin' weirdo!" "Nah, man. I think it's really somebody else. Sooooo you like gamer guys, huh?" asked the second with an audible grin. "We talk a lot more than CanoTop, I promise you. You game?" "You should game with us sometime," said another, though his voice was suggestive.

"I work two jobs and take classes online, I barely have enough time to spend with my Hunnybuns. So no, I will probably not be gaming with you." She looked to her boyfriend. "Unless you'd like me to give it a try?" she asked the bouncer. "Oh, they think you're using some sort of voice module thing to sound like me." She giggled, then remembered her groceries. "Oh gosh I forgot that I have perishables in the groceries." She took the headset off and placed it around his neck, though she did not turn off the mic. "Okay Sexybuns, I'm going to make you some dinner, and you're going to massage my back afterwards. I tried carrying something too heavy and definitely pulled something." She turned sideways in the man's lap and cupped his cheeks to kiss him. "Deal?"