21

The Hair Affair

And pleasant dreams he had. The large man awoke in a good mood-though there was now a new load of laundry to do. The giant balled everything up, threw it in his laundry basket and hopped into the shower. Rather than the quick scrub he usually went for, he took some extra time to get thoroughly clean. This was going to be a fun date if all went well.
Balroy put on a clean t-shirt and jeans and messaged Dalia.

Ready when you are. I will cover train faire today. Wear shoes you can walk in. See you soon.

*********

When Balroy got to Dalia's apartment, Isu was sitting on the step smoking and looking down at his phone. When he saw the giant approach, the male twin nodded in greeting. "Sup. Time for your date already, hm?" He stood and opened the door slightly. "Dal he's here." Her voice sounded from deeper inside. "Kay, I'm coming!"

Isu closed the door and looked the man over. "Hey. Make sure you guys get a few pictures. Dal is sentimental, but ditzy. She'll probably regret not taking pics on her favorite day." The man glanced around, then up when fat white lace began to slowly drift down from the sky. The snow was pure white and large flakes, though the first of it was not sticking to the ground quite yet.

"I think she will take many pictures," replied Balroy before Dalia emerged. As always, she surprised him with another beautiful garment that supplemented her complexion, shape and expression. Her sparkling eyes were gems, electric with anticipation and joy to see him. The idea that she was so happy to see him never failed to give him a funny little boost.

Dalia stepped out, wearing black leggings, lace up fashionable ankle boots, and a white dress that revealed generous cleavage and covered to her thighs. Her dress had sleeves that covered down just below her elbows to help keep the cold at bay. She gasped, eyes sparkling as she looked around. "It's snowing!" Her face beamed merrily as she lifted a manicured hand to try and catch a flake. "Oh, I knew the first snow of the year would be beautiful." Her bright smile turned to Balroy. "You look very handsome, Bally."

The woman stepped down the short steps to her door, her thick heels clicking softly. With the help of her heels, Dalia's head reached his chin once more. "Good morning, Handsome," the woman greeted, tugging her boyfriend gently down for a kiss. She was glad she paid an extra few bucks for non-transferable lipstick. Dalia looked adoringly up at her boyfriend. "I wasn't sure what to wear. Is this going to be okay?"

"You are a vibrant flower. I love it." He dipped in for another kiss and grinned. "You may even outshine the people we are going to see." He straightened and looked to Isu. "I will have her back tonight. Try not to have too many women draped over the furniture when we return."

The model snorted. "Too late, I've already called five women," he joked before he crushed his finished cigarette in to the ashtray he brought from home and placed his hand on the doorknob. "Have fun you two." Dalia waved at her brother, then gave an excited little squeal and bounced in place, grabbing Balroy's arm. "Balroooyyy I'm so curious!" She giggled. "It's torture to wait!" The woman beamed brightly at him. "Let's go. I can barely contain my curiosity." Dalia hooked her arm with his and grinned, ready to go.

*********

The two went on their way, walking and flirting with a spring in their step. The snow-filled air was brisk. Their breath summoned ghosts of sweet words past in their wake. Stopping at a little local food place, the giant bought Dalia a sandwich and chips for on the way. When they stopped to wait for the train, Balroy stepped close and wrapped an arm snugly around his girlfriend to keep her warm. "I have a feeling you will like where we are going, though it is not birthday themed."