Introduction

June 14th, 2019, Chelsea General Hospital, Portland Maine

Sitting in the hospital chair is a young girl named Kamry, 8 years old. Her mom Alyssa Evans is laying in the bed with a breathing tube coming out of her mouth. She's been fighting for 2 years with breast cancer. The doctors said that she fought as much as she could. Kamry couldn't believe it. Her mother was gone. Kamry sat in the hospital chair, while her Aunt Connie Evans sat on the other side. Connie watched as Alyssa just laid there. She was a strong woman she thought to herself. Then she looked at Kamry. How is she feeling? She is only 8? She doesn't know who her dad is and now her mother is gone. How is she going to give this girl a good life? They sat in the hospital room for about three hours, talking about how much they love her and the great memories they had with her. The doctor came in and told them that it was time. It was Aunt Connie's decision on when to take her off life support. Connie has raised Alyssa since she was five years old. Alyssa's parents were killed in a car accident. Connie didn't want to see Alyssa suffer anymore so she decided that it was time for her to be in a better place. Kamry and Connie both gave Alyssa a kiss on the head and said their love yous. Kamry went to go stand by Connie. Connie wrapped her arms around Kamry and gave her a kiss on the head. They watched as the doctor pulled the plug. The heart machine, not a steady beat anymore. Alyssa was gone. Time of death 3:05.