Chapter 14

This chapter takes place 3 weeks after the firehouse barbeque. Hope you enjoy this chapter!! This chapter was requested by lilyliv123

It was a Monday morning and Kamry was laying in her bed. She was laying in her bed silently crying. Her stomach was hurting so bad. It was hurting yesterday also, but her dad gave her some medicine and it felt better, then again at 3:00 in the morning it started hurting again. She woke up her dad to tell him, and he gave her some more medicine and checked her temperature and she had a fever. He told her if it's still hurting in the morning or if her fever didn't go down then she can stay home from school and he will take the day off from work.

Kelly was downstairs making himself a cup of coffee and was waiting for Kamry to come downstairs so she can eat breakfast. She was supposed to be downstairs by now so he went upstairs to check on her. When he walked into her room, he saw her holding her stomach and crying. He rushes over to her.

"Kamry what's the matter"? Kelly asks her.

"My stomach......daddy it hurts really bad". She cries.

Kelly goes to feel Kamry's forehead and her skin is burning.

"Sweetie, what does the pain feel like?" Kelly asks her.

Kamry sniffles, "it feels like a sharp pain and I feel really hot, " she says.

Kelly didn't know what to do. He tells her that he is going to grab her some ginger ale and right when he is about to do that she throws up everywhere. Kelly picked her up and felt that her back was soaked with sweat. He carried her into the bathroom and helped her get into the shower. Her pain wasn't that bad now so she was able to stand.

Kelly was panicking. He didn't know what to do. He didn't know if it was the stomach flu or if it could be something more serious. While Kamry was in the shower, he grabbed his phone and called Shay.

"Hey, Kelly what's up", Shay asks answering the phone.

"Hey, I might just be overreacting, but Kamry has been complaining of a stomach ache since yesterday. I gave her some medicine last night and she felt better, but she woke up this morning crying in pain and threw up," Kelly tells her.

"Does she have a fever"? Shay asks him. Kelly tells her that she does and she was really sweaty. Shay was about to ask Kelly another question when Kelly heard a scream from the bathroom.

"Kelly what's going on!" Shay asks concerned. Kelly tells her to hold on and he ran to the bathroom to check on Kamry.

"Kamry what's the matter,?" Kelly asks her from the other side of the shower curtain.

"My stomach hurts so bad, it's hard for me to breathe," Kamry says sobbing. Kelly grabbed a towel so Kamry can get out of the shower. He carried her to her bedroom and got her a pair of clothes. He gave her a pair of sweat pants and a t-shirt, while she was getting dressed Kelly got back on the phone with Shay and told her whats going on. Shay told him to take her to the hospital immediately because it might be her appendix. She says that she will meet them at Chicago Med.

Kamry cried the whole way to the hospital. Kelly tried to drive as fast as he could without breaking any laws. They finally arrived at Chicago Med and Kelly opened the car door to the backseat and picked Kamry up. He hurriedly walked into the entrance doors of the hospital and told the nurses/doctors that he needs some help. The nurses got her into a room and Kelly set her down on the bed carefully. A nurse had Kelly step out of the room so they could check over her.

"Okay sweetie what does the pain feel like?" Dr. Rhodes asks her. Carefully pushing on her stomach.

"It feels like a sharp pain, on my left side. It hurts to breathe," Kamry tells the doctor.