Chapter 12

New Chapter!! Also, Kamry's last name is Severide now.

Kamry has been in school for a month now and it has been going well for both her and Kelly. She loved school, she made friends fast and her teacher, Miss Taylor said that she was a wonderful, kind, and smart student. Kelly was glad that he didn't have to constantly worry about her while she was at school. Shay has now moved in with Clarice and has become a mother figure to her son Wesley. Shay was hesitant to move in with Clarice, not because of their past relationship problems, but because she didn't know if Kelly will be happy about her leaving and this will mean that it will just be Kelly on his own with Kamry. But Kelly assured her that he is okay and that she has helped out a lot and still is. Kamry was sad at first but Shay promised her that she will always make time to visit and what was good about the living situation is that Clarice only lived 20 minutes away from Kelly's apartment.

It was a Monday morning and Kelly dropped Kamry off at school and Kelly had the day off today. So he took this day off to run a couple of errands. He got home and just sat on the couch watching tv when there was a knock at the door. He looked at the door wondering who that could be. He turned off the tv got up and answered the door and was surprised to see who was standing on the other side.

"Dad", Kelly said surprised. Did he get Kelly's letter?

"Son, it's nice to see you, can I come in"? Benny asks. Kelly lets Benny in and asks him if he wants a beer. Benny says yes, while looking around at Kelly's apartment he spotted a couple of toys laying around and pictures of him with a little girl. His daughter. He came and sat at the island while Kelly stood behind it.

"So how have you been? I didn't even know you here in Chicago". Kelly said.

"I've been alright. I came back to Chicago three months ago and been staying up at the lake house." Benny says.

Kelly was surprised to hear that his dad has been here for a while now and didn't even have the nerve to call him.

"Did you get my letter that I wrote you like a month ago?" Kelly asked him.

"Yeah, I got it. I was shocked to hear the news. It's sad to hear what happened to Alyssa and to be honest, I'm not surprised to hear that you have a child, " Benny tells him.

Kelly looks at him confused, "what do you mean you're not surprised that I have a child?" Kelly asks his dad.

"I mean it was bound to happen. You have that way to attract women and just sleep with them and then it's over. Who knows...I mean maybe you have more than one child out there somewhere." Benny says matter of factly.

Kelly stands straight up from leaning on the counter, "okay....yes I tend to hook up with a couple of women and sometimes never talk to them again, but my daughter changed my mindset, and also my and Alyssa's relationship lasted for a while. We didn't end on any bad terms. I don't want you coming here and talking bad about my ex or my daughter." Kelly tells him.

Benny puts his hands up in defense, "look I didn't mean to offend you or anything, okay I'm sorry. So how has it been, having her come and live with you?" Benny asks him, taking a sip of his beer.

"It's been good, I have been having a lot of support from Shay and the rest of the firehouse, she's in school now and our relationship was a bit rocky at first but it's been going well now. If you're here to stay in Chicago for a while now, she will love to see you. She's been asking about you and mom since I sent those letters to you guys". Kelly says.

"Has your mom contacted you yet? Benny asks him. Kelly tells him "no". Benny wasn't surprised by that, he knows his son and ex-wife didn't have a good relationship with each other. "If Kamry wants to meet me then I guess that's fine. When does she get out of school?" Kelly tells him that she gets out at 3:15 and Benny said he will wait at the apartment for them to get back.