Chapter 6

Anna walked over to Kamry and crouched down at her level. "I'm going to get going now. You're going to be just fine. You have my card if you need to call me." She says smiling warmly. Kamry gets up from off the couch and hugs her tightly. Anna leaves and now it's just the three of them.

Kelly and Shay walked over to the couch and sat down next to Kamry. Not too close, so she doesn't feel overwhelmed. "How are you feeling"? Kelly asks her.

"I'm okay, just a little nervous," Kamry tells him. She didn't look at him, she just stared at her doll the whole time.

"What's her name"? Shay asks her, talking about her doll. "Isabella," Kamry says. Looking up at Shay. "That's a beautiful name," Shay says.

"Would you like to come upstairs and see your room?" Kelly asks her. Kamry looks at him and nods her head. Kelly grabs her suitcase for her and they head upstairs to her bedroom. Kelly opens the door and Kamry walks in looking amazed.

"Do you like it?" He asks her. Kamry nods her head. "I love it, thank you," Kamry says smiling.

Kelly's heart melted seeing the smile on his daughter's face. Kamry sat her doll on the bed and then sat her bookbag down. She looked around the room looking at all the decorations and toys that they got for her. She looked at the bed and there was a dalmatian sat on the bed with a firefighter hat. She picked it up and smiled.

Shay turned and looked at Kelly. She doesn't think she saw Kelly look this happy before. It melted her heart seeing the way he looks at his daughter. One thing for sure Kelly is going to make a great father.

Kelly and Shay let Kamry settle in while they went downstairs. Kelly realized that he is going to need to do some grocery shopping now that he has a child living in the house and is going to have to make sure she is fed for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

"She seems happy, would about you how are you feeling?" Shay asks Kelly while they sat on the couch.

Kelly looks over at Shay. "I'm feeling good. It still doesn't seem real like it's all just a dream," he tells Shay.

"When are you going to tell the other's at the firehouse about her." She asked Kelly.

"I have no idea. I need to stay home with her for a couple of days and I know they are getting suspicious. I'll tell them when I return to work." Shay nods her head.

"Who's going to watch her while you're at work?" She asks Kelly. Kelly didn't even think about that. School isn't even in yet.

"Oh, I have no idea. I know this might sound like too much, but do you think Boden will let me bring her to shift in a couple of days. I need to talk to Herrmann about seeing if Cindy will be able to babysit her and I think it will be good for her to meet everyone."

"Yeah, I'm sure he will be fine with that. Hopefully, it's not too much for her. You can just give him a call."

Kamry comes downstairs holding a photo album. She comes down and sits between Kelly and Shay.

"Would you guys like to see some pictures of me?" She asks them. "Of course, yeah," they say.

Kamry opens the photo album and the first page is her as a newborn. Wrapped in a pink blanket and wearing a pink hat. More pages of her as a baby, toddler, and all the way up to a child. "This picture was my first day of kindergarten, and here's a picture of me and my best friend Taylor at the beach and this is me and my mom at the zoo. She showed them more pictures of her at her birthday parties, playground, and with her friends. Then it came to the last page. "This is a picture of me and my mom when she was in the hospital. It's the last photo that I took with her." Kamry says. Kelly and Shay's heart breaks seeing the photo. They can't even imagine how Kamry is feeling. Kamry told them about all the good memories she had with her mom. Alyssa gave Kamry the best 8 years of her life and she is glad that she could be there with her mom.