Chapter 8

Here is a new chapter! Sorry, it's a short one. Going to try and make the next one longer.

Back at home, Kamry was on facetime with her Aunt Connie while Kelly was making dinner. Shay was still on shift so it was just the two of them. Kamry told her Aunt about what happened at the park, and how she got to meet everyone at the firehouse, and about the new bike she got.

"I miss you so much," Kamry tells Connie. "I miss you too sweetheart, I'll try to take some time out of my schedule to come and visit you, okay." Kamry nods her head with a smile. They say good night and Kamry sets Kelly's phone on the coffee table. She heads over to the kitchen table, sits down, and lays her head on the table.

Kelly looks over at Kamry while he is preparing their plates. He doesn't know how to help her. Her behavior has been different lately. She has been upset, barely eating. He was thinking of making an appointment with Dr. Charles, but he was going to try and sit down and talk with her first. Kelly brings the plates over and they have a seat.

Kelly looks up at Kamry and sees her picking at her food.

"Hey, you alright? Do you not like the food?" he asks Kamry.

"No, I like it. I just........Kamry stops and puts her head in her hands and starts sobbing.

Kelly gets up out of his chair, walks over to her, and picks her up. She wraps her arms around his neck and cuddles into his neck. He sits down on the couch with her still in his arms.

He rubs his hand up and down her back. "Hey, tell me what's wrong," he says. She's trying to talk, but she's still sobbing. "It's okay, take your time". He tells her.

Kamry's pov

I'm trying to tell my dad what's wrong, but the words just won't come out. I just layed there sobbing in his arms while he rubbed my back. I was finally able to calm down a little.

"I miss my mom. I wish she was still here. Why did she have to go? It's not fair!!!" I say.

"Shh I know, it's okay. Your mom fought as hard as she could. I know that I wasn't there when she was sick, but what I can tell you is that your mom was a strong woman." I heard my dad say. I can tell that he is trying to hold back tears. I turn around on his lap so that my back is now facing him. I have stopped crying and now I'm just staring down at my hands playing with my fingers.

"Do you think my mom is watching over me?" I ask my dad. My dad wraps his arms around me and I lay my head on his chest.

"Have you ever heard of a guardian angel?" My dad asks me. I nod my head yes. "Well, your mom is your guardian angel. She goes everywhere with you, you might not be able to see her but she is there protecting you. You will always have a special place in her heart." I hear my dad say.

I nod my head, "thank you for that. My mom is probably watching over you and Shay too." I tell him I look at the necklace that I am wearing and take it in my hand. The necklace has two hearts on it. A small one and a big one. The smaller heart has my name on it and the bigger heart has words written on it that says, "the love between a mother and a daughter is forever." She gave the necklace to me on my 8th birthday. Two months before she died. I wrap my hand around the necklace and close my eyes.

Kelly's pov

I look down at Kamry and see that her eyes are shut. Tonight it seems like all the emotions that she has been holding in since she got here were just eating her up inside and she just let it all out. To be honest, I'm happy to see her being this emotional. Not that I want to see my daughter sobbing, but I was getting worried that she would never talk to me about what she is feeling. It's a good thing that she is letting her emotions out.