Chapter 11

Hi, everyone. I know it's been a while since I have updated and I am sorry. I have been busy with school and also I was having writer's block, but I was able to write a full chapter. Just a warning for this chapter, there is a brief discussion about miscarriage.

The next day Kamry was at cheer practice and Kelly and Shay were back at work. They both have been avoiding Matt and Gabby all day. The rest of the firehouse could feel the tension around them but decided to just keep quiet and not say anything. Matt wants to apologize to Kelly, but he doesn't know how, he knows he screwed up badly. I mean he accused his best friend of not being a good father. He doesn't live with Kelly so he doesn't know what kind of father he is to Kamry. He shouldn't have said those things about him. He feels like he kind of got dragged into it by Gabby. Gabby came to him when Kelly first told the firehouse about Kamry. Gabby said that she thinks it's not going to work out and Kelly won't be able to handle being a father. Matt thinks this has all to do with the miscarriage that Gabby had two months ago. She was 10 weeks pregnant and it was devastating for both Matt and Gabby. Ever since the miscarriage, Gabby has been wanting to try for another baby, but the doctor said that it is best for her to wait for her health. Gabby listened, but she still really wants one and Matt told her it about a year or so they can try again. That's why Matt thinks Gabby is acting like this towards the Kelly situation. She is probably feeling upset seeing Kelly with a child when that could also be her and Matt in a couple of months if she didn't lose the baby. Matt wants to talk to Gabby about it, but he doesn't know how to approach her. He was thinking after shift today he would talk to Gabby about what's been on his mind.

At cheer practice, the team just got done practicing and was now having a water break. Kamry was still kind of upset about what she heard Matt and Gabby say at the playdate. She knows her dad told her not to worry about it, and that he will handle it, but the situation still has been eating her up inside. She feels not wanted here in Chicago.

"Hey, are you okay Kamry"? Violet asks her. "Yeah, you been kind of quiet. If something is wrong you can tell us, were best friends. "Annabelle says.

Kamry looks at both of them and just decides to tell them what is bothering her. "Remember that playdate we had a couple of days ago. I went to go and use the bathroom and when I came back out I heard Matt and Gabby talking about me and my dad. They said that they don't think my dad is going to be able to take care of me and that I should have just stayed in Maine with my Aunt Connie." Kamry finishes. Violet and Annabelle look at Kamry and can't believe what they just heard.

"But your dad is a good person. Me and Annabelle love Uncle Kelly." Violet says.

"Yeah, he is super nice. I don't know why they would say that about your dad. I thought Matt and Kelly were like best friends." Annabelle says.

Kamry looks at them, "yeah I thought they were friends too, but I guess not." Kamry says sadly.

"Alright girls, let's get back to practicing. Everyone out on the grass." They hear their coach say. The girls get up from the benches and run out into the field and returned to cheer practice.

Later that day at the Casey household, Matt and Gabby were in sitting on the couch. Matt was watching tv and Gabby was on her laptop. Violet came downstairs and into the living room and stood in front of Matt and Gabby with her arms crossed. Matt and Gabby look at her confused.

"Is everything okay sweetie," Matt asks her. Gabby sits there and waits for Violet to respond.

"No, I'm mad at you guys," Violet says. Matt sits up on the couch. "Okay, why are you mad at us," he says.

"Because of what you guys said about Uncle Kelly. It wasn't nice. He is a nice person and so is Kamry. Why don't you guys want her to stay here in Chicago? Uncle Kelly is going to be able to take care of Kamry, he is doing a good job. It seems like she is happy here." Violet says. She now has tears in her eyes.