𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

With every step Phoenix took she felt her stomach turn

     With every step Phoenix took she felt her stomach turn. The route she was taken was almost all too familiar at this point. Phoenix had already taken this same role if not a similar one during her talk with President Snow and her first interview for Panem.
But this time it just felt so different. And as she tried to calm her shaking hands it felt almost pointless, because no matter how much she tried to calm herself down, she couldn't. It simply felt like she was walking right to her death.

Because, in a way, she was.

The doors were closed when Phoenix walked up to them. She took a deep breath before looking at the two PeaceKeepers that had been walking on each side of her. Phoenix watched the two walk ahead of her before opening the doors wide. She waisted no time walking into the room. A part of her imagining what an interview of these circumstances would be like with Johanna or Annie.

It wasn't a hard picture to imagine, Phoenix knew Johanna wouldn't be able to be in the same room as any of these people without attacking them. While Annie would've spent the whole interview crying. This making sense to Phoenix why they chose her and Peeta. Not only were they were favored in the Capital, but they were also the most level headed of the four who had gotten captured. Even before some of them went into the Hunger Games for the second time. Yet this meant it was so much harder to watch as they both simultaneously felt their worlds around them and everything they knew crumble.

Phoenix snapped out of her thoughts and looked around the room. It was filled with different kinds of people, with no one abruptly stopping to look at Phoenix like they did last time. Instead, most eyes were captivated on a man, whose back was turned away from Phoenix. But the moment Phoenix got a look at the slicked black blonde hair and the suit that was the same shade of grey as her dress. She immediately knew who it was.

It was Peeta Mellark.

A quiet gasp left her mouth, with it finally set in that she was going to be seeing Peeta. Not only was Peeta the last person she saw before the lights went out during the games. But he was also someone who knew all to well what it was like being inside the Capitol. To feel everything you once knew being stripped away from you day by day. And as his name was just about to slip past her lips the calling of her own name caught Phoenix's attention.

Phoenix's head turned towards the calling of her name, her eyes widened at who she was met with. It was President Snow, staring back at her, a satisfied smile plastered on his face. " I said hello, Phoenix. " President Snow repeated, with Phoenix being surprised he even wanted to speak to her. Yet she knew deep down he would take every chance he got to make sure Phoenix knew he was always watching her.

She jumped a bit at the sight of him, before trying to calm herself down. No matter what the circumstances, even in her most vulnerable state, Phoenix hated showing any sign emotion around the President. She took a deep breath before straightening out her posture and letting a small smile spread across her lips.