𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Walking through the halls of District 13, Phoenix felt as though all eyes were on her

     Walking through the halls of District 13, Phoenix felt as though all eyes were on her. She noticed the glimpses people took of her as she passed. Some of the people in District 13 were still a bit hesitant about the kidnapped tributes being here, especially Phoenix and Peeta. After all they said during their interviews with Caesar Flickerman they had every right to be timid. Even if the two had saved all of their lives by risking their own.

But the way Phoenix was presenting herself through the halls of District 13, showed she was no threat at this time. She looked like she had gained a bit of her normal weight back during her time in District 13, now being about the same weight she was before going into the games. Yet she still sported the dark circles under her eyes and some of the faded bruises.

With her eyes glued to the ground, Phoenix walked in between Maeve and Canary, trying her best not to draw attention to herself. Maeve's footsteps stopped, making the sisters follow suit. Phoenix looked up from the ground and was faced with a door. " This is it, Phoenix. " Maeve muttered, tucking a piece of hair behind Phoenix's ear. " If it gets too much just tell us, and we'll get you out. " Canary was adamant on this, wanting to make it known to Phoenix that she was her only priority.

Phoenix nodded her head at Maeve and Canary, before watching Maeve open the door. Wiping her sweaty palms on the rough material of her clothes, Phoenix finally walked inside the room. She was faced with an almost empty room, with there only being two people inside. Since the majority of the high-ranking members of District 13 were in District 2, the room felt almost huge. This also meant the only people inside the room were Plutarch Heavensbee and the President of District 13, Alma Coin.

President Coin stood to her feet the moment Phoenix walked inside the room, with Plutarch turning to look at the three women. " Phoenix, " Coin's tone was soft as she extended her hand out to the girl, Phoenix grabbed her hand and shook it, thanking herself that she got the sweat off. " Hi. " She muttered, wondering if she should thank the woman for her efforts at rescuing her.

Phoenix knew that would be the right thing to do at a time like this, because not only was she grateful to be out of there, she also wanted to make a good impression with President Coin. With her not needing another President despising her. " Thank you, Madam President. For your efforts in rescuing us from The Capitol. " Phoenix let go of her hand as the words left her mouth.

" No, thank you. I don't think District 13 would be standing right now if it weren't for Peeta and yourself. And for that we thank you. Now sit, please. " Phoenix felt Canary's hand on the small of her back as she led Phoenix to a seat right in front of all the monitors. She was sat across from Plutarch, and a part of her didn't know how to feel. " Phoenix, it's good to see you again. " Plutarch said before Phoenix could say anything to him. She smiled and nodded her head at his words. " You too. " She muttered, not knowing if it was the truth or not.

Coin took a moment to look at Phoenix and even though this was the first time she was meeting her, she could already tell this was a big difference from the way she acted before being held captive. " Now before we show you any footage, is there anything you can tell us about your day-to-day life inside the Capitol. " Canary's eyes widened at this request. Having had no idea President Coin wanted Phoenix to depict what happened to her inside the Capitol. With her believing she would only be seeing the video of Phoenix and Cassian's final moments inside the games.