𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

The next morning Phoenix woke up quite early

The next morning Phoenix woke up quite early. She quickly noticed that there was no sign of Finnick next to her or anywhere inside the room. Scanning her room for any sign of where he had gone, Phoenix only spotted the fresh pair of clothes laid out for her. A sigh escaped her lips as she began getting herself ready, knowing Finnick wouldn't just leave without saying goodbye.

Securing her jumpsuit, Phoenix decided to make her way towards the door. Opting to look for the man herself, instead of waiting around for him to show up. Once the door shut behind her, she stood in front of the door for a moment. Phoenix quickly realized she didn't know her way around District 13 enough to truly look for Finnick. Yet Phoenix straightened her shoulders, deciding to check the places she knew how to get to, her feet leading her to the training room.

As the training room got closer in view, Phoenix's head snapped at the calling of her name. " There you are. " Finnick said, making Phoenix turn to face the man jogging towards her.  " I went back to the room and you weren't there. " He informed her, meaning the two had just missed each other. " I came to look for you. You were gone when I woke up. " But before Phoenix could explain herself anymore she noticed Finnick's tense mood. " Wait, what's wrong? " She asked, being able to tell that something was off.

Holding one of his hands out for Phoenix, she grabbed it without another question, even though she had a few. " Come with me, there's something you need to know. " There was a bit of urgency in his voice, but Phoenix didn't question it, because before she knew it, they were making their way through the halls. Finnick's steps were large, causing him to slightly drag Phoenix through the halls of District 13.

After a while, Phoenix had an idea where they were headed. And her suspicions were right once they were faced with a pair of doors. They both knew what was behind those doors since they had met with both Coin and Plutarch in the same room multiple times. Phoenix looked at Finnick as he opened the doors, although his eyes kept straight, she felt him squeeze her hand for support.

Walking inside the room Phoenix's eyes were immediately drawn to the footage that was being projected throughout the room. She didn't recognize it at first glance, with it looking fairly new. Focusing on the footage, Phoenix saw Katniss in the middle of a rather large group of people. Phoenix quickly noticed everyone around her doing the infamous three-finger salute towards the younger girl. Phoenix remembered Coin telling her how Katniss was on a break. Now looking at the footage she wondered what had changed?

" Finnick, Phoenix, thank you both for showing up so quickly and on such short notice, I appreciate that. " The voice of Plutarch Heavensbee caused Phoenix to look away from the footage and to him. " Please sit, we have a lot to talk about and not a lot of time." Plutarch continued, with Finnick guiding them to two seats next to each other.

Sitting across from Plutarch, Phoenix opened her mouth to speak. " Is that from today? Or recent at least? " Pointing to the footage on the screen behind him. She knew for a fact that Katniss was not only at the wedding but also on a sort of break from being the Mockingjay. So how could she have left District 13 so quickly?