𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Maeve's eyes lit up at Phoenix's pleas, knowing this was a great sign towards Phoenix's recovery

Maeve's eyes lit up at Phoenix's pleas, knowing this was a great sign towards Phoenix's recovery. But Canary was not so thrilled about the rush for Phoenix and Finnick to reunite. Not that she was against the idea, she wanted nothing more than for Phoenix to be reunited with the man she loved. The man who waited day after day for a sign that she still loved him. Canary's worries lie in what Phoenix might do if the situation became too much to handle. The last thing she wanted was for Phoenix to lash out at Finnick again, having personally seen what the outcome of that did to him.

Yet Canary stayed silent opting not to speak on the matter, not in front of Phoenix at least. " Let's take you back to your room first. " Canary spoke pushing some of Phoenix's hair out of her face. " But- " Maeve began, who was already planning on bringing Finnick into this room. Canary turned her head from Phoenix to Maeve. " We're taking her back to her room. " Canary's tone was almost harsh as the words left her mouth, taking Maeve slightly aback.

This time there was no push back from Maeve or anyone else in the room for that matter. Having never seen Canary put her foot down like that, especially not to Maeve. But when it came to Phoenix, especially in a state like this, Canary had no problem stepping in if it meant protecting her sister. Maeve simply nodded her head before standing up from her chair. " Madam President. Plutarch. " Maeve began.

Phoenix stood up from her chair next, looking at the two in front of her. " Thank you. " Phoenix sighed, believing at this point she was in their debt. " Really, thank you. " She added, watching the smile grow on President Coin's face. " We're just glad we can help. " Coin said with a slight head tilt, Phoenix saw Plutarch nodding in agreement.

Before the three could leave the room President Coin called out for Maeve. Turning her head, Maeve wondered what more would be needed from her. " Yes, Madam President? " Maeve questioned. " Can you stay back, we'd like to talk to you. You'll need to hear this too Canary, so we'll need Maeve to fill you in when we send her back to Phoenix's room. " Phoenix's eyes widened at what could be so important that both women needed to hear.

Yet this didn't surprise Maeve or Canary with the two noddings as though this was a normal occurrence. " You take her back, I'll meet you there. " Phoenix felt Canary's hand on her back as she directed the two of them out the door. Phoenix's head was still turned slightly towards the room as she walked out. Trying her hardest to hear a bit of what they were talking about. But as the door shut behind them, Phoenix realized she was in the dark again.

" What was that about. " Phoenix asked, her voice still slightly shaky. Canary shrugged her shoulders. " They probably wanna send us back out. " The older Flack was almost nonchalant about this as if this was something Phoenix knew already. " Sending you back? Where? " Phoenix's eyebrow frowned together. " You missed a lot Phoenix. Maeve taught me how to fight, or to shoot a gun really. " Phoenix's eyes widened at this, having never thought Maeve would do that.

"They've even sent us out on some of the missions. " Phoenix didn't know what to say, with one word leaving her mouth. " Why? " Phoenix asked, not knowing what else to say to her. " You were gone, Phoenix. We all blamed ourselves. " Canary recounted the time Phoenix was gone. " And having something to take my mind off of it, even for a moment, just made it easier to get by. " As they continued walking through the District, Phoenix thought about what she had said. And she finally understood what Canary had been saying.