𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

Days turned into weeks inside the Capital and Phoenix was forced to endure the same torture day in and day out

     Days turned into weeks inside the Capital and Phoenix was forced to endure the same torture day in and day out. The medical staff of the Capital even began developing a routine for Phoenix. Now showing her the same video over and over again while pumping her full of Tracker Jacker venom at least two times a week.

Yet when Phoenix wasn't being drugged she was being forced to give up any information about District 13 she had. While in all honesty, Phoenix knew almost nothing about District 13. Not who all was there, what was happening inside District 13, or even where the district was really located. Yet they never believed her. Always denouncing her promises that she knew nothing, still believing she was lying right to their faces. But as Phoenix repeated the same answers again through tears, the same questions came less and less. With the Doctors knowing they would have no use for Phoenix if they tortured her so much that she could barely talk. Yet that never stopped them from showing her the final moments of the games, doing anything to make her believe she killed Finnick.

And in the almost rare moments where Phoenix was alone, she was forced to listen to the screams of the other tributes that were also trapped inside the Capital. With her hands still restricted tightly at her sides, Phoenix screwed her eyes shut. In some hope that it would minimize the horrifying screams that were coming from just outside the door. The screams she could do nothing in her power to stop, but wished more than anything they would stop. She wondered to herself if this is what they felt in the moments where her screams were the ones that filled the halls. And she was right, this is exactly how they felt. The feeling of pure dread.

Every time the screams rang out, they always belonging to either Johanna Mason or Peeta Mellark, sometimes both of them. Yet Phoenix realized that she never heard any screams belonging to Annie Cresta. This giving Phoenix one less thing to worry about, feeling as if a bit of the weight had been taken off her shoulders. Since she simply would never be able to forgive herself if they hurt Annie anymore then her games did.

But the people in The Capital weren't stupid, they were all well aware of Annie's state following her own Hunger Games. This making them sure that she had absolutely no knowledge of any kind of uprising in the Districts. Especially since she barely knew what was going on outside District 4. This made Phoenix wonder to herself as to why they even brought Annie to The Capital? This question rattled inside Phoenix's mind as no answer she made up for herself made sense. The only answer making any sense to Phoenix being that Annie was brought here to add to Phoenix's own punishment. But if that was the case why not get Canary? These questions only added to the ache in Phoenix's head.

But anytime Phoenix tied to think about anything that wasn't Finnick, Annie, Maeve, or Canary, she was always interrupted by something . That something mainly being the screams of Johanna Mason and Peeta Mellark. The screams mimicked her screams of pain, but hearing them coming from Johanna and Peeta made it so much worst. Phoenix could tell them apart, not that it was very hard to tell. With Johanna's being much higher than Peeta's. But Peeta's screams were much more frequent than hers or Johanna's. Day in and day out Peeta's screams echoed throughout the halls. Each one making Phoenix cringe more than the last.