𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

As the sun rose the next day, the unit prepared to shoot more propos

     As the sun rose the next day, the unit prepared to shoot more propos. As Phoenix gathered all her belongings she wondered whether or not Peeta would be getting a gun? And when all their attention was gathered towards Boggs, her question was answered. Boggs made sure everyone saw the very empty gun he held in his hand before handing it to Peeta. Needing the unit to know the gun would be unusable, meaning Peeta couldn't hurt anyone.

Phoenix looked at Peeta for a moment, with them making eye contact. Phoenix wished she knew what was going through his head. Wanting nothing more than to help him, because she knew how it felt. Even if she believed what Peeta went through was more extreme than her, she still understood his pain. The pain she felt days after she attempted to attack Finnick, not knowing what was real after seeing so much evil from The Capitol. It was a feeling Phoenix might not have wished on her worst enemy, and something she would never want someone like Peeta to go through.

The dark-haired girl sighed when she broke eye contact with Peeta. " Come on Phoenix. " Canary muttered as she walked past her. This caused Phoenix to follow behind, with them beginning to walk through the vacant streets of the Capitol. Phoenix looked around the empty streets, having caught up to her sister. She also kept a close eye on Finnick, who was walking side by side with Peeta.

She listened to the two men recite the paper Finnick had in his hand. " You got it. " Finnick praised, nodding his head at Peeta and putting a smile on Phoenix's face. Finnick had always been patient, he was always patient with Annie, and with Phoenix after being rescued and now with Peeta. His soft nature and ability to connect with people just made it so easy for him to be patient with people he cared about and people who truly needed it.

As they finally reach the block their next propo would be filmed at Phoenix listened to the broken glass that crunched under her boots. Her head moved around, taking in the scenery of the Capitol. She still just wasn't used to it being so empty. " Boggs, this is a good spot. " Cressida nods her head towards the courtyard that was in front of them.

Walking down the concrete steps, the only sound that was heard was the beeping that came from the Holo. " We got a pod. Boggs revealed, with the rapid beeping being a sign of an active pod. " Split and take cover. " Once the words left his mouth, Phoenix immediately walked to the right, positioning herself in between Finnick and Peeta.

Phoenix flinched and closed her eyes once the gunshots from the pods went off, with each round sounding more severe than the last. Her very obvious uncomfortable body language caused Finnick to wrap an arm around her. In an attempt to both comfort and protect her even more. It was only once the gunshots stopped that Phoenix opened her eyes, listening to and the all-clear was given. She stayed still for a moment, still listening to Peeta's mumbling from next to her.

A now standing Finnick extended his hand out for Phoenix before helping her to her feet. He kept their hands intertwined for a moment as Phoenix muttered a " Thanks. " just loud enough for him to hear. Once the two dropped hands, Phoenix and Finnick looked away from each other and to Peeta. Noticing the boy holding back tears as he hit his head against his gun. Finnick shook his head, knowing Peeta was too overstimulated for either of them to help.