𝐭𝐞𝐧

Slipping in and out of consciousness Phoenix watched the blood from her nose drip on the white floor tile as chaos invoked behind the doors that were slammed in front of her

Slipping in and out of consciousness Phoenix watched the blood from her nose drip on the white floor tile as chaos invoked behind the doors that were slammed in front of her. A part of her not even knowing she was hit hard enough anywhere to draw blood. The blood was the least of Phoenix's worries, as she so desperately wanted to scream out for Peeta. In one last attempt for both of them to try and make their way out of this. But Phoenix knew at this state, nothing like that was possible. Even in their best states, the two would be outnumbered by the number of PeaceKeepers that were around them.

" Keep her awake. " One of the PeaceKeepers called out from behind her. Phoenix could tell from the walls that her room was getting closer, bracing herself for what was to come. A part of her surprised she made it this far. Phoenix was fully expecting to be shot the moment she left the room, yet here she was, barely conscious and being dragged inside the room or cell as some would call it. That she resided in during her time in the Capital.

Screams and sobs begin racking through Phoenix's body as she felt her dress being ripped off of her. The cold of her room hit her body and Phoenix brought her arms to her chest, doing what she could to try and cover herself. " You don't need to cover up Phoenix. " A female voice rang out. Phoenix looked to see one of the nurses walking up to her with a hospital gown in hand. " You and all those other victors were sold throughout the Capitol. I doubt your body is a secret. " She reminded, making Phoenix feel even more humiliated as an all too familiar hospital gown was put on her before being thrown on her bed.

Had they not known all of that was against her will. Not only hers but all the other victors who were sold around by President Snow. Even though each was promised a quiet life of riches, they soon found out it was all a lie. The reality was so much harsher, simply that nothing about life as a victor was quiet or peaceful. Since they all were forced to do so much more than had been first been promised. Each victor believed no one knew the stakes that rode on them being sold to all of President Snow's friends.

The victors wanted to do nothing more than to decline, to spit in the face of every one of those monsters. But they all knew what would happen if any of them did anything of the sort, and most of them never dared to risk it. The ones that did decline and spit in their faces paid the price. They didn't die, that would be too big of news, it would be their families who paid for what the victors did. And that was always just too big of a risk for Phoenix to take.

Phoenix felt her back hit the bed and used her last bit of strength to lift her torso from the bed. Her hands reached for the throat of one of the PeaceKeepers, in hopes of choking him. With no surprise to anyone, she was no match for the grown man. Phoenix's torso had just barely lifted off the bed before the man threw a punch right to her face. Phoenix felt the pain in her cheekbones as the punch set in, sending her back to the bed, with more blood pooling from her nose.

The moment she was down she felt another PeaceKeeper began placing the restraints on her while reminding the others to keep her awake. Loud sobs left her mouth once she felt the familiar feeling of Tracker Jacker venom entering her body. " You really believe he's alive? " A female voice whispered in her ear. The voice belonged to the woman who had been the main person in and out of Phoenix's room, meaning Phoenix's stunt was sure to get her in trouble. Phoenix's action's had humiliated her, with a bit of the blame already being put on her. With her future already looking unpromising, the woman was already coming back for revenge.