𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱

It was a mixture of sounds that woke Phoenix up from her sleep

It was a mixture of sounds that woke Phoenix up from her sleep. The distance beeping of the holo combined with Peeta calling out for Katniss was what did it for her. Letting go of Finnick's hand, Phoenix rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. However, the loss of contact made Finnick wake up. Looking around, Phoenix noticed that everyone was now awake or just waking up. And Phoenix quickly realized Katniss was nowhere to be seen.

Looking around for the girl, a sound suddenly hit Phoenix's ears, causing her movement to be halted. The sound was unfamiliar to Phoenix, with it sounding like a type of hissing you would hear from an animal. " What is that? " Jackson asked, looking around for any type of answer. But it was Peeta's reaction that got everyone to their feet.

" We gotta go. We have to get out of here. " There was so much urgency and fear in Peeta's voice, that caused no one to ask any questions. " Mutts! They released mutts! " Peeta exclaimed, knowing if they didn't leave now, they would all be dead.

Phoenix was behind Finnick and grabbed onto the belt at his waist and unclipped it quickly. " Pollux, what's the fastest way out of here? " Katniss asked as Phoenix fastened the belt of knives right above her own belt. The feeling of the two belts combined was uncomfortable, to say the least. But Phoenix had no clue what was about to happen, and she needed to be prepared.

Finnick's hand rushed to the small of Phoenix's back, ushering her in front of him. He needed to keep an eye on her, his one priority was making sure she was safe, and this was another way to ensure it. Phoenix now stood in between Peeta and Finnick, her eyes staring into Peeta. She could tell he was anxious, even if they all were. But above that, he was frustrated, since he was adamant about them leaving the moment he warned them. Now feeling as though they were just wasting time.

As they finally began moving, Phoenix followed behind Peeta until they were both met with the pitch-black tunnel. Their only source of light was now coming from the flashlights that some of them had. As for the sound, it was nearly silent, it felt as though everyone was holding their breath. Afraid that one sound or wrong move would result in all of their deaths.

Phoenix was now holding onto the handgun she was given, with another hand holding one of her knives. Her hands shook slightly as she continued walking through the tunnel. Anxious wasn't even the word to describe what Phoenix was feeling, it felt so much worse than that. She just wanted it to be over.

Both Peeta and Phoenix flinched slightly as Gale's arrow went off, with fire following closely behind the loud noise. Yet silence still followed, with Phoenix straightening her shoulders. Wanting to convince herself that she had faced worse than simply walking through these tunnels.

They continued through the tunnels, checking each corner and crawl space for any mutts. Stopping in front of one of those crawl spaces, Phoenix saw Pollux point to the tight space before nodding his head. Signaling to them that this would be their fastest way out of here.