𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

Phoenix stood in front of the mirror, looking at herself one final time

     Phoenix stood in front of the mirror, looking at herself one final time. Her hair was pulled back with the black shirt she was wearing tucked neatly into her pants. She was given this by one of the last living stylists. Phoenix thinks about what Ivanna would've said if she had seen her now. Probably something along the lines of " Darling this is the happiest day of your life so far and you're in all black. Get some color, my dear. " Phoenix thought to herself. As much as Phoenix was glad that the war was over, she missed the small moments she, Ivanna, Maeve, and Cassian shared during Cassian's victory tour. A time in her life that felt like a lifetime ago.

" Ready? " Finnick came into view, now standing behind Phoenix. She looked at him through the mirror, the memories of her life after Cassian's games now gone. Nodding her head Phoenix feels Finnick's arms wrap around her waist, before resting his chin on her shoulder. Finnick's light hair and eyes complemented Phoenix's dark ones with them being almost perfectly opposite, yet it always worked for them. And as she rests in his arms, her back against his chest, she feels as though they fit perfectly together.

" I love you. " She reminded, now feeling his thumb run over the ring on her finger. A soft smile spread across his face as he pressed a kiss onto Phoenix's cheek. " I love you too. " He repeated, pressing another kiss to the top of her head. " It's almost over Little Birdie. " Finnick reminded, knowing in a short amount of time they'd be back inside District 4. Far away from the Capitol and all the bad memories it held.

A soft knock came from the door, causing both their heads to turn towards the door. It opened slowly but revealed Annie peaking her head inside to see Finnick and Phoenix. Stepping into the room, Annie looked at them, still, in each other's arms. " They're ready for us. " She informs, with Phoenix and Finnick detaching and walking towards her.

" You alright? " Phoenix asked Annie as they made their way out of the mansion. She nodded her head, tucking some of the hair behind her ear. " Just ready for this to be done. " Annie shrugs her shoulders. Phoenix placed her hand on Annie's head, smoothing out the back of her hair. " Me too. " Phoenix agreed, with the words of Finnick replaying in their head as they headed towards Snow's execution.

The rest of the journey was silent, and before they knew it Finnick and Phoenix were back where it started. Having not been at the Avenue of the Tributes since the games. Even, in reality, it hadn't been as long as it had seemed to Phoenix and Finnick. Phoenix looked around and thought more about the last time she was here. Distinctly remembering the way her and Cassian's arms were linked as the crowd cheered for them.

Phoenix wonders what Cassian would've thought of all of this. Yet the more she thought about it the more she believed he would've acted just like Enobaria had. Even if he had lived and been kidnapped by the Capitol, she doubted anything would've happened to him. But there was once again just no way of knowing since Phoenix had killed him. All because he had been brainwashed by the Capitol, by Snow.