𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

The sound of gunshots and explosions didn't wake Phoenix Flack

     The sound of gunshots and explosions didn't wake Phoenix Flack. Surprisingly, nothing woke Phoenix Flack until long after she arrived inside District 13. The District 13 doctors surrounded Phoenix the moment she arrived, with Haymitch scrambling to find the four people who waited tirelessly for their arrival.

Canary and Maeve sat with Finnick and Katniss, each anxiously waiting for any updates from the rescue teams. But as time went by, they all grew more and more worried. Canary had her face in her hands, feeling the pit in her stomach grow as more time passed. To Maeve this felt like deja vu, having felt this same feeling during not only Phoenix's interviews but the days spent in the bomb shelter.

The silence between the four was almost defining. Each too afraid to ask the questions that were on each of their minds. It wasn't until Haymitch burst into the room, that each of their heads snapped towards the door. " They're back. " The moment they heard the words they jumped to their feet. 

Maeve, Canary, and Finnick both rushed to see Phoenix. " Where is she? " Canary asked a nurse, with the woman pointing to where Phoenix was being held. They each noticed she and Peeta were placed inside their own rooms, unlike Annie and Johanna. This already wasn't seen as a great sign to Canary, wondering what was done to Phoenix that she needed to be isolated.

The moment Finnick, Canary, and Maeve turned up to her room they have quickly turned away. " She's not awake yet. We'll need some time to patch her up before anyone can see her. " The nurse who was standing outside Phoenix's room. Who seemed prepared for the three of them to bombard Phoenix's room. " Katniss can see Peeta, everyone else is awake. Why can't we see her, what happened? " Finnick asked, trying his best to look past the woman to try and get any view of Phoenix.

" She needed some further sedation, none of her injuries seem too major. " Canary let out a sigh of relief at these words. Having thought the injuries would be worse due to what happened during her interview with Peeta. " As for the other patients, I can't answer for them because I'm not working with them. " The nurse explained, with these words directed more towards Finnick than anyone else. " You guys are welcome to wait outside the room, but you'll need to wait. " Maeve nodded her heads at these words, being the first one to agree. " We'll wait. " She agreed, wrapping an arm around Canary as she answered the question for the two of them. 

A defeated sigh left Finnick's lips as he rubbed the back of his neck, cursing under his breath at what he had just been told. But only a moment later Maeve and Canary watched Finnick's eyes widen before he ran away from the two without another word. " Annie. " Maeve sighed, knowing without a doubt that was where Finnick was heading.

And she was right, with the option of seeing Phoenix unavailable for a while, Finnick wasted no time rushing to see Annie. The moment he got a look at the red-headed girl, he saw her jaw drop. " Annie. " Finnick mumbled, a part of him feeling like this was a surreal moment. Tears began welling in Annie's eyes as she threw herself into his arms. Finnick held the girl close to his chest, feeling like a weight had been lifted off his shoulder. He finally had his two girls back.