𝐭𝐰𝐨

Phoenix woke up in the same room as the day before

Phoenix woke up in the same room as the day before. Already beginning to feel like she was living the same day over again. Having woken up in the same situation as the previous day, Phoenix looks around the room. The first thing she noticed was the bouquet of white roses that sat in the same spot as the syringe once did.

Phoenix looked closer and quickly noticed the small card that sat on the flowers. She began extending her hand to grab it but was surprised at her immobility. Looking down she noticed that both of her hands were strapped down to the bed. Taking a better look at her arms Phoenix noticed the two different IVs that were inside her arm. Panic began filling her as she tried to move the rest of her body. Looking down, Phoenix noticed the straps that covered her calves in another attempt to limit her movement.

"Shit." She muttered, knowing this was her punishment for what she had previously done.
The medicine in her veins caused Phoenix to quickly become tired of fighting against the restraints. With this feeling of a morphling ridden exhaustion being foreign to her, she stopped fighting the restraints.

Yet that didn't stop a nurse from coming inside of her room. This was a the same women that was there the previously day. But Phoenix noticed how the women entered with caution. Also noticing the way she made sure to stay as far away from Phoenix as possible while checking her morphling supply. " Are you feeling better today Ms.Flack? " Her voice was raised slightly due to how far away she was from Phoenix's bed.

Phoenix looked at the women, noticing how she looked much tenser than she had the first time they had met. Her eyes stopped at the nurse's face, with her eyes fixated on the way she was looking at her. Phoenix stayed silent, not wanting to answer the heinous question she had just been asked. The other women quickly picked up Phoenix's body language before clearing her throat.

" Well, you're in luck today. You'll be taking a trip to see President Snow. He's wished to see you personally.  " Phoenix's eyes widened at what the women had just said to her. Shaking her head Phoenix tried to place words on what she was feeling. " No. " She protested, not knowing what else to say to the women but not wanting to even think about the President.

A small smile grew on the women's face as she began stepping closer to Phoenix. Her confidence grew once she noticed how much this vulnerable this made her. And suddenly she didn't see her as a 2-time victor of The Hunger Games, as a woman who's been forced to kill for sport. But right now she saw a helpless woman who was being filled with more morphling than she was use to. The nurse knew Phoenix was growing weaker, making her feel more powerful over the woman.

" I don't make the rules Ms.Flack. But I do recommend you tell him everything he wants to know. Would be a real shame if anything happened to you before the interviews. " Phoenix's eyes grew wider once the words met her ears. For a moment she believed she had just heard her wrong, that this was just like the day prior. 

" Interviews? " Phoenix asked, not wanting to believe  the words she said. Surely they wouldn't make her face the entire country at such a vulnerable state. Yet the nurse nodded her head, still holding her clipboard close to her small frame. " Yes, the interview's Ms.Flack. " Her tone made it seem like this was information Phoenix should have been well aware of. Yet here she was, lying helplessly in her hospital bed, wondering what the country needed to hear from her.