Awkaaaarrrrrd

TW: Mentions and descriptions of holocaust artifacts. Some details may be disturbing. This is only a small part of the chapter, there will be another warning when it comes up. And when you see this (っಠ‿ಠ)っit's over.

"Erm..." Killua glances between Chrollo and Kurapika, the tension in the air immense. Chrollo looks at Kurapika with a warm smile, while Kurapika's polite smile screams that no one will ever find the body.

"Kurapika." Chrollo grins. "I'm so glad you could make it."

Kurapika huffs. "Yeah, same, Qurof."

Killua nudges Gon. "You said they're childhood besties." He whispers.

"They are." Gon chirps, watching with a cheeky grin.

"Ayyye!" A tall guy with long hair waves from down the street. "Gon!"

"Nobunaga!" Gon grins. Nobunaga comes over and slings an arm around Gon's shoulder.

"Oi." Some shorty nods as a way of greeting.

"Hey Feitan." Gon smiles.

More of Chrollo's 'gang' arrives, all familiar with Gon and Kurapika. Finally a car pulls up, and Kalluto gets out of the backseat along with another person with short black hair, teal eyes, pale skin and freckles. Killua walks up and hugs his brother.

"And who's this?" Killua asks.

Kalluto blushes. "Th-this is Rin, my.. boyfriend."

Killua grins, extending a hand to Rin. "Nice to meet you, Rin. I'm Killua."

Rin smiles. "Nice to meet you, too." He shyly takes Killua's hand, shaking it.

"Nice to see you again, Kalluto." Gon grins.

"Likewise."

"Alrighty!" Chrollo claps his hands together. "Now that everyone's here, we can get started! We'll use the old-fashioned buddy system. We'll move as a group but if anyone separates, stick with your buddy."

Killua instinctively links his arm with Gon, and Rin jumps to Kalluto's side. Kurapika groans, having to partner up with Chrollo. Phinks and Feitan, Uvogin and Shalnark, Franklin and Shizuku, Pakunoda and Kortopi, Nobunaga and Machi.

Chrollo leads everyone inside the massive building. He gives everyone's tickets to admission and the lady counts everyone as they pass. Turns out there's a crowd today. Everyone's standing in one place in front of a make-shift stage. Their group stops when Chrollo halts them. Some guy picks up a microphone and clears his throat.

"The event will start in five minutes. I trust you all have found your partners. Guides are on the newspaper rack by the admission desk." He explains. "In twenty minutes the lights will be shut off and the second portion of the hunt will begin."

Killua raises an eyebrow and turns to Gon. "What??"

"Oh, didn't Chrollo tell you?" Gon asks. "It's a scavenger hunt."

Killua nods. "Ohh."

The guy steps off the stage and a screen that was behind him starts a countdown. Chrollo passes a guide to each pair in their group. "This will explain what you'll be looking for. Each pair has a different set of objects to find so that people can't cheat." He explains.

Gon and Killua look at their guide. "How long do we have?" Killua asks.

"Two hours. But the lights will shut off every twenty minutes for ten minutes. Some of your items can only be found in the dark." Chrollo tells them. Killua hums, looking back at the list. They've got one hundred items to find. "The pairs that find the most items get prizes." Chrollo adds.