You Are The Reason (Finale Pt 2/2)

Did yall bring tissues? You might need them.
All good things, all good things.

Gon's birthday rolls around the corner, and Killua's satisfied with his gift after several sleepless nights. He can't wait to give it to Gon. To see his reaction.

For Gon's birthday, it's a small event. Though he's popular, he's not close with many. Some years he doesn't even celebrate his birthday at all. He hasn't celebrated it since Kite died. Before that, he would always go to karaoke with his friends. Monta would always make these big cakes, that they'd always use as weaponry in a messy food fight.

They hold the gathering at Gon's place. He lives in a two bedroom, two bath, small but spacious house in the suburbs. Spinner, Podunga, Banana, Stick, Lin, Monta, Killua, Leorio, Kurapika, Kalluto, and Rin are there. A bit more people than Gon expected. Guess he has more close friends than he thought.

People roll in one by one, and before long they've got a full house. Spinner manages the sound system, playing some of everyone's favorite tunes. Monta, of course, made a giant-ass cake. To which Killua nearly passed out at the sight of, especially since two entire tiers were chocolate with triple chocolate ice cream filling. And the red velvet tier had molten lava chocolate filling. Not to mention the other three tiers.

Everyone brought gifts, and they pile them onto Gon's bed. Killua places his leaning upright against the bedframe.

"Happy birthday to youuuuu!" Everyone sings. "Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Gooooonn! Happy birthday to youuuu!"

Mentally reciting his wish, Gon blows out the eighteen candles as everyone cheers and laughs. Banana eagerly gets a large knife from the kitchen, much to everyone's panic, and attempts to cut the cake that's almost as tall as her.

"Woah woah woah!" Monta takes the knife. "Birthday boy gets to cut the first slice! You know that!"

Banana groans, surrendering. "What'd you wish for, anyways, Gon?" She asks.

Gon glances at Killua, before smiling back at Banana. "That's a secret. Have you forgotten how birthdays work?"

Everyone laughs as well as Banana, and Gon begins cutting the cake. He gets himself and Killua their slices, before sitting on the couch with his lover. The others all dig in, collecting their own slices and taking their seats as they eat.

"So, any big plans now that you're eighteen?" Spinner asks Gon.

"Well, for starters, a car so I'm not walking literally everywhere." Gon chuckles as everyone else laughs along as well. "But other than that, not really. There's no rush with anything. I just want to enjoy my youth while I still have it. Take it slow." He meets eyes with Killua and winks.

Killua can't help but smile. Gon wipes cake crumbs from Killua's lips. After, Gon leaves a quick kiss on Killua's lips. Killua grins, feeling like the luckiest person on the planet to be here with him. Everyone else aw's.

"Can we open up the presents already?" Banana asks eagerly.

"You're acting as if it's your birthday." Monta jokes, and everyone laughs.

"Fine, fine." Gon grins, getting up to walk over to the collected pile of gifts. He picks up the first one he sees, and opens it up.

It takes over an hour to get through all the gifts, and one final present remains. It's book sized, and wrapped. The card says, "Celebrating Every Reason We've Come This Far, To Many More Reasons To Come."

Curious, Gon undoes the wrapping, holding the hand-crafted booklet in his hands. The leather cover was handmade, and the paper was thick and heavy. Pressed into the cover, was the title "Reasons To Live".