Secrets

"Hey, you on your way?" Kurapika asks Gon over the phone.

Gon groans groggily. "I'll be there in fifteen. I spent the night at Dr Hartz's place."

Kurapika frowns. "Are you alright?"

Killua's ears perk up, curious about what's going on. And why Kurapika would have to ask if Gon's alright.

"Uhm..." Gon sighs. "No, I'm really not."

"You don't have to come if you're not up for it." Kurapika tells him. "Leorio will understand. We'll tell Killua you're busy."

Killua furrows his brows and narrows his eyes. What's going on? Why would they lie that he's busy instead of telling me what's wrong?

"No- I'm coming. I need you guys." Gon says.

Kurapika smiles. "Alright, we'll see you soon, then."

When Kurapika hangs up, Killua acts as if he hadn't been eavesdropping. He starts making some bean dip in the kitchen for their little get together.

"Gon will be here soon." Kurapika enters the kitchen. "Leorio sooner. Ikalgo in half an hour, and Zushi in 20. Kalluto sometime in the next hour."

Killua nods. "Alright."

Kurapika sighs, getting a cup of coffee. "Uhm- Gon didn't get much sleep last night. So he may be a little out of it."

"Is he alright?" Killua asks.

Kurapika smiles. "Yeah. He was binge watching some shows." He lies. It's not his place to tell Killua, afterall.

Killua nods. "Oh, okay." He smiles.

A few minutes later and Leorio arrives. He calls out to Kurapika. "Hey! I brought Gon over from Dr-" He cuts himself off when he sees Killua. "-Street. He was walking."

Luckily for Leorio, there actually is a Doctor Street not too far from there.

Killua smiles, and walks over to Gon to plant a kiss on his cheek. Gon grins at him. "Morning." He kisses Killua on the forehead.

"Morning." Killua giggles.

"Gon. A moment?" Kurapika beckons him to his room. Gon nods, leaving Killua and Leorio in the living room.

Kurapika closes the door behind them. "What?" Gon asks.

"I just wanted to see how you're doing, really. You spent the night with Mallory?" Kurapika gestures for Gon to elaborate on the subject.

Gon shrugs. "Yeah uh... I just... yknow, something triggered me and..."

Kurapika nods. "How are you now?"

Gon sighs. "I'm just trying to keep myself together. Mallory was a great help, she always is. But I still can't- I can't get it out of my head."

Kite. Killua. Falling.

"If there's anything you need, let me know, okay?" Kurapika tells him, patting his shoulder. He goes to open the door and leave the room.

"Kurapika wait!" Gon grabs his hand.

"Yeah?"

"I... I want to tell him. Killua." Gon whispers. "Everything. But... I don't know if I can on my own."

Kurapika smiles. "Don't worry. Leorio and I'll help you however we can."

"Thank you."

Kurapika walks out to greet the others. Ikalgo's arrived. Gon forces a smile before following Pika.

"Aya!" Ikalgo waves. "We're trying to decide on a movie."

Gon nods, sitting next to Killua. Kurapika sits between Gon and Leorio. "How about a comedy?" Killua asks.

"Sounds good to me." Ikalgo shrugs. "You guys?"

"Yeah." The rest say.

"Let's get some good ol' Adam Sandler." Killua goes to a whole category on On Demand that's dedicated to the comedic actor. "Which one?"

"Pixels!"

"Bedtime Stories!"

"Grownups!"

"The Water Boy!"

"Alright! Let's spin a bottle, then!" Kurapika laughs. It lands on Bedtime Stories just as Kalluto and Zushi walk inside the apartment.

.
.
.

After finishing Bedtime Stories and having laughed their asses off, they're setting up for a large sleepover.

"Uhm, Kurapika?" Gon taps his best friend on the shoulder. Kurapika turns to face him.

"Yeah?"

"Let's go get some more snacks for the night." Gon suggests.

Kurapika looks at Leorio and nods. "Yeah I'll come with."

Killua raises an eyebrow. "Do we really need anything though?"

"Yes! I'm uh- out of Cheezits!" Leorio says. "I can't go on without them!" He falls onto the couch dramatically.

Kurapika rolls his eyes, knowing that Leorio isn't even lying.

"We'll be on our way!" Gon smiles, waving goodbye as he and Pika leave the apartment.

"When are you going to tell him?" Kurapika asks.

Gon sighs. "Are you free tomorrow?"

"Yeah." Kurapika nods. "But honestly Gon. I think this is a talk you and Killua need to have as a couple. Without any outsiders."

"I know. And I wish I could do that but... I can't." Gon sulks as they walk. "Everytime I even think about... him, I have to strain to not breakdown. I don't think I can handle having a full conversation about him."

"Alright, I have a plan, then." Kurapika clears his throat. "I'll talk to him first. Explain things to him fully so you don't have to. And then you two will have a chance to talk where you don't have to carry the conversion. Sound good?"

Gon nods. He's still uncertain about talking about this without Kurapika or Leorio at his side. "Yeah. I'll try."

"Good." Kurapika smiles, putting an arm around Gon to half-hug him as they walk. "I know how hard this is for you. And I'm really proud of you for wanting to let Killua in."

Gon puts an arm around Kurapika, too. "Thanks, mom."

Kurapika scoffs, shaking his head with a smile on his face. He kisses Gon on the cheek. "It's no problem, dear."

The next morning

"Bye!" Killua, Gon, and Kurapika wave the rest of the group goodbye as everyone heads home.

Once the apartment is empty of their friends, Kurapika clears his throat. "Killua... Gon and I need to talk to you."