So Many Reasons (Finale Pt 1/?)

This story has been going on for the last nine months. I feel like it's time to start wrapping everything up. Idk how many parts there will be to the finale, though. Maybe 3-4.

Also, for some confusion regarding what year they're in in high school. Earlier it's said that they're both 17. They started the series as Juniors. They are now seniors (there's a time skip between the last chapter and this one).

After that first session with Hartz, Killua begins regularly joining Gon's therapy sessions. It brings the two of them even closer, and helps them with communication within their relationship. Neither feels the need to hide anything, whether it's about the past present or future.

Graduation is coming up. Gon and Killua, seniors now, are getting ready to turn the page and finish this chapter of their lives people call childhood. And Killua realizes that in a couple months he'll be eighteen and doesn't even have his driver's license yet. But this brings about another realization.

"Gon, when's your birthday?" Killua asks. A little embarrassed that he forgot the birthday of his boyfriend of over a year.

"May fifth." Gon answers. They're walking to school as they speak.

"Wait- isn't that next week??" Killua gasps, realizing he could have missed his boyfriend's birthday.

"Oh- is it?" Gon checks the calendar on his phone. "So it is. Huh."

Killua immediately starts thinking of gifts and date ideas. Of course they're going out that day. And Killua is definitely planning on spoiling Gon. Thanks to his grandfather, Killua still gets a good sum of money from his family regularly. And he still has a part of the inheritance.

"Whatever you're thinking, stop." Gon grins and ruffles Killua's hair, interrupting his thoughts. "We don't need to do anything special. I just like being with you. That's the special part."

Killua blushes, smiling. "Well, we're still gonna do something. It's your first birthday since we started going out, afterall."

Gon chuckles, hugging Killua to his side as they walk. "Alright."

A full day of classes later, Gon and Killua are out of that school building as fast as their legs can carry them. Laughing and running, they make their way downtown to Mito's bakery.

Getting inside, they walk to the small employee lounge inside and leave their backpacks and jackets in some cabinets. They both grab their aprons, and they both tie their hair into buns.

"Gon, Killua." Mito peeks her head in. "Table two, family of six, order is on blue notepad next to the register."

The two boys nod, getting to work. Killua gets the notepad. "A large box of chocolate chip cookies, four dark chocolate scones, six medium chocolate milks, four ice cream cones: one rocky road, vanilla, huckleberry. One chocolate chip cookie dough, mudslide, chocolate. Two pure vanillas."

Gon's already working on the cookies, scones, and drinks. Killua starts on the ice creams, getting the waffle cones and filling them one by one as he sets them in a carrier. Gon boxes the treats, adding whipped cream on top of the chocolate milks.

They serve the family with bright smiles before getting back to work on other orders. Mito works in the back, baking more treats and food items.

After work, Gon walks Killua home to the apartment he still shares with Kurapika. Before opening the door, Killua wrap his arms around Gon's neck and gives him a kiss goodbye. Gon smiles, kissing him back.

And so their daily routine as a couple comes to its usual end. Gon makes his way to his own home, which is further in town. He's moved out on his own, now. Killua's going to move in with him once Kurapika leaves for college in a couple months.