A New Friend

Killua braces himself as he walks to the intersection that he usually meets Gon at every morning on their way to school. Stay calm. He tells himself, trying not to think of the dream.

When a familiar grin enters his field of vision, Killua understands the saying 'easier said than done'. His heart beats rapidly as Gon gets closer.

"Killua! Good morning!" Gon laughs, catching up.

"G- good morning." Killua blushes, smiling a little.

Gon's cheeks gain a tint of pink. "I really like it when you smile." He says seriously, smiling lightly and nudging Killua. "You should do it more often."

Killua flushes red. "Wha-?! Baka!"

Gon laughs, ruffling Killua's hair. Killua pouts, blushing ferociously.

(At school after they part ways to find their lockers)

Killua puts his backpack in his locker. When he closes it, he's suddenly face to face with Retz.

"Seems like you didn't heed my warning." Retz crosses her arms.

Killua gulps. "I don't care-"

"But you do." She glares. "Just know this. Hell starts today. And I'm Satan."

Hell isn't a time, retard. It's a place. It doesn't 'start'. Killua thinks to himself, mentally rolling his eyes.

Retz walks away. Killua sighs, walking to first period. Gon waves at him from his seat in the front row. Killua blushes a little, waving back as he walks to his own seat in the back.

-----(×^×)-----

The lunchbell rings, and Gon gets up to meet Killua in his classroom. But when he gets there, Killua's gone.

No no no... he didn't. Did he?

Gon panics, and runs up the stairs leading to the roof. He bursts through the door, but again he doesn't see Killua. He runs over to the edge, gazing down. He searches every side of the edge, making sure Killua didn't jump. He didn't.

Gon sighs in relief. Killua must've gone to the bathroom or something. He walks back down the stairs and goes to lunch.

Lunch period ends and Killua never showed up. Gon was really worried. He goes to his next class, one that he shares with Killua. When he goes in he sees the white haired boy laying his head on his desk with his hoodie up. Gon sighs in relief.

"Hey, uh.. where were you during lunch?" Gon asks. He doesn't get a response. Killua doesn't even flinch. "Erm, Killua..?"

Gon taps Killua on the shoulder. Killua jumps, and nearly topples over in his chair. Gon stares at Killua, who's got a newly split lip and dried blood under his nose and bangs.

That wasn't there this morning.

"Who- what?!" Gon cups Killua's face with his hands, examining the injuries. "What happened?"

Killua pushes Gon away gently. "I'm fine. Nothing I couldn't handle. Don't worry about me so much."

Gon narrows his eyes. "Was it one of Retz's goons?"

"No Gon." Killua sighs. "I said don't worry about it, geez."

"Too bad." Gon crosses his arms, leaning on his left hip. "I-"

Students all pile in when the bell rings again, signifying that anyone not in class already is tardy. Gon's lips form a tight line and he turns back to Killua. Gon sighs, rubbing the back of his neck.